Published Saturday, October 27, 2012 in Inspections
The Coweta Board of Environmental Health inspects all Coweta restaurants, schools and businesses that serve food several times each year.
• Avalon Health and Rehab, 120 Spring St., Newnan, was inspected Sept. 27. Current score is 97-A. Previous scores were 99-A on March 14, and 96-A on June 26, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Open powdered milk bag on shelf, open food on shelf (one bag).
• Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 342 Newnan Crossing Bypass, was inspected Oct. 3. Current score is 99-A. Previous scores were 99-A on March 28 and 100-A on July 21, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Keep single service containers upside down, keep cups in sleeves or dispensers.
• Cargill Cafeteria, 33 Dart Road, Newnan, was inspected Sept. 28. Current score is 91-A. Previous scores N/A. Inspector’s comments: Dried particles on slicer, dicer, blades. Open bags of dry food products on shelf. Cell phone, employee’s cup stored on tray. Stained ceiling tiles, dust on ceiling. Split gasket on cooler door.
• Depot Grill @ Junction Lanes, 141 Newnan Station Drive, Newnan, was inspected Oct. 4. Current score 91-A. Previous scores 91-A on April 13 and 91-A on Aug. 16, 2011. Mold on drop area of ice machine, particles on knives stored in container, particles in bottom of utensil storage container. Split gaskets on cooler doors, condensation leak inside walkin cooler, cracked floor tiles. Mold on bread, lemons stored in pan where walkin cooler unit has leaked. Employee wearing rings with stones. Chemicals stored in cabinet with cups in bar area.
• Grantville Senior Center, 123 LaGrange Street, Grantville, was inspected Oct. 2. Current score 100-A. Previous scores 94-A Jan. 27, 2012, and 91-A June 8, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Looks great!
• Honey Baked Ham, 244 Newnan Crossing Bypass, Newnan, was inspected Oct. 3. Current score 96-A. Previous scores 96-A on March 16 and 99-A on July 21, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Bottle of degreaser not labeled, corrected.
• Moreland Surplus and Sales, 3487 Highway 29 South, Moreland, was inspected Sept. 28. Current score: 99-A. Previous scores: 92-A on Jan. 27, first approved Nov. 17, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Cup used as scoop in sugar.
• Newk’s Cafe, 368 Newnan Crossing Bypass, was inspected Oct. 3. Current score 99-A. Previous scores 95-A on March 23, first approved Dec. 19, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Plastic bins wet stacked.
• Orchard Hills Golf Club, 600 Highway 16 East, was inspected Sept. 28. Current score 83-B. Previous scores 92-A on Jan. 6 and 93-A May 11, 2011. Inspector’s comments: All product in top of lift-top cooler out of temp — tomatoes 52 degrees, pickle relish 57 degrees, sauerkraut 53 degrees. BBQ, chili not date marked, milk out of date. Wet wiping cloths left on counter, could not find bucket of sanitizer solution for it. Dirty colander w/meat particles left in vegetable sink. Handles in chicken salad, tuna salad.
• Rio Nilo Inc., 11 Spence Ave., Newnan, was inspected Sept. 28. Current score 89-B. Previous scores N/A. Wet wiping cloths stored on sink. Employee wearing watch, need hair restraint. Dried particles on knives in knife holders. Spiders in men’s room. Tile in men’s room loose. Sink in restroom not clean.
• Southside Barbecue, 1385 Bullsboro Drive, Newnan, was inspected Sept. 28. Current score 96-A. Previous scores 88-B on March 12 and 85-B on June 30, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Need certified food safety manager.
• The Frigid Frog of West Georgia, 207 Rustica Drive, Newnan, was inspected Sept. 29. Current score 100-A. Previous scores: N/A. Inspector’s comments: No violations.