Published Saturday, June 09, 2012 in Inspections
• Andrew’s Country Cooking, 8116 Highway 16 East was inspected on April 19. Current score: 89-B. Previous scores 90-A on Aug. 3, 2011; and 89-B on Feb. 3, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Meatloaf mix in walk-in cooler 46 degrees, ambient temp of walk-in 46 degrees, chicken in walk-in 48 degrees. Chicken in hot holding 123 degrees, meatloaf in buffet line 118 degrees. Pans wet stacked. Ceiling above fryers is damaged, exposing unsealed wood.
• Elm Street Elementary School, 46 Elm Street, Newnan, was inspected on April 16. Current score 95-A. Previous scores 99-A on Nov.15, 2011; and 98-A May 6, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Mold on deflector shield of ice machine. Leak inside pass-thru cooler, dust around light shields under hood, dust on ice machine filter.
• Evans Middle School, 1 Evans Dr., Newnan, was inspected on April 16. Current score: 99-A. Previous scores 99-A on May 6, 2011; 100-A on Nov. 10, 2010. Inspector’s comments: Dust on hood pipe.
• Georgian Place, 355 Millard Farmer Industrial Boulevard, Newnan, was inspected on April 17. Current score 77-C. Previous scores 100-A on Aug. 9, 2011, and 99-A on Feb. 9, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Employee washed hands with warewasher sprayer - need to use handwashing sink. Employee handled vegetables for salad with bare hands. Dried particles on slicer, knife sharpener, dried food in flat pans stored inside warmer, particles on hand mixer stored in container with clean utensils, buildup inside ovens, can opener, microwave. Ham, food trays, open turkey, hot dogs/ sausage not datemarked inside reachin cooler. Open bag of cornmeal, open boxes of pasta, split peas - stored in sealed bag or container once opened; boxes of food stored on floor in storage room. Need hair restraint, employee wearing ring with stones. Need handwashing sign in restroom. Stickers on scoops. Single service items stored on floor. Dust on cooler unit, and vent grates.
• Madras Middle School, 240 Edgeworth Rd., was inspected on April 18. Current score 100-A. Previous scores 99-A on Nov. 2, 2011; and 100-A on May 12. Inspector’s comments: Looks wonderful!
• McDonald’s, 2907 Georgia Highway 85, Senoia, was inspected on April 19. Current score 93-A. Previous scores 97-A on July 28, 2011; and 90-A on Jan. 7, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Ice machine has some mold on deflector shield. Observed employee with bracelets, another with a ring with a stone. Observed wet wiping cloths left on counter, used, left on counter then used again with being put back into sanitizer.
• Waffle House, 1030 Highway 34 East, was inspected on April 18. Current score: 92-A. Previous scores 92-A on Aug. 16, 2011; and 88-B Feb. 7, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Wet wiping cloths left on counters in several places. Employee drinking from cup without lid and straw. Metal racks in coolers rusty and chipping, behind and under dish machine is dirty.
• Waffle House, 1363 Highway 29 South, was inspected on April 13. Current score 85-B. Previous scores 91-A on Aug. 9, 2011; and 72-C on Feb. 7, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Employee handled ham rounds and buns with bare hands. Mold on back inside wall of ice bin. Gasket hanging off cooler drawer, mold on gaskets, split gasket on ice machine . Leak at dishwasher. Rusty walkin cooler floor. Paint spill in three compartment sink. Missing dumpster door.
• Your Chef to Go, Inc., 98 Werz Industrial Blvd., Newnan, was inspected on April 18. Current score 100-A. Previous scores 100-A on Aug. 1, 2011; and 100-A on Feb. 20, 2010. Inspector’s comments: No violations.