Coweta-Area Church Activities
by Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related events, fundraisers and meetings happening in Coweta County this week.
• Spring Revival, White Oak Grove Baptist Church, 4619 Gordon Rd., Senoia, Tuesday-Thursday, 7:30 p.m.
• Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Georgia Handbell Concert, First Baptist Church, Griffin, April 20, 2 p.m.
• “Soaring into Destiny for His Glory,” dance production from A Word from God Dance Ministry, Unity Baptist Church, April 20, 5 p.m. Advance tickets, $10. At door, $15. Doors open, 4 p.m. Tickets – soaringintodestiny.eventbrite.com or Corner Cuts Barber Shop or EnVogue Styling Salon.
• Barbecue pork plates/butts, parking lot, Newnan Church of Christ, today. Take-out only. Plates, $8 – meat, chips, beans, bread, drink. Butt, $30, with half pint barbecue sauce, beans, loaf of bread, feeds 10. Prepared by Jimmy Cork and NCC Savvy Seniors.
• Spaghetti Lunch, Newnan Presbyterian Church, Sunday, following congregational meeting. Spaghetti, meatballs, salad, bread, desserts. Sponsored by youth.
• Community Charity Golf Classic, Orchard Hills Golf Course, April 20. $80 per golfer. Practice, 7 a.m. Registration, 7:30. Shotgun start, 9 a.m. Lunch/awards, 2 p.m. Information/registration, Steve Bruning – 770-487-3991 or email@example.com. Sponsor: Knights of Columbus Council 8081.
• Springfest, Oaklawn Baptist Church, April 20, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Arts, crafts, food, demonstrations, 20-plus vendors.
• Greek Pastry Sale, Philoptochos Society, St. Christopher Hellenic Orthodox Church, Peachtree City. Spanakopita, $10 dozen. Tiropites, $10 dozen. Baklava, $18 per dozen. Order deadline May 3 –www.saintchristopherhoc.org or 770-486-6580. Proceeds to charity.
• Belk Charity Day, April 27, 6-10 a.m. Tickets benefiting Allen-Lee United Methodist Church building fund/Moreland Cultural Arts Alliance. Tickets by return mail: Allen-Lee UMC, c/o Skinner, 60 Temple Ave., Newnan, GA 30263.
• Vendor spaces for Spring Fling, Emory Chapel United Methodist Church, April 27, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Spaces, $20 – Marlene, 770-253-2168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Vendor spaces for Spring Fling, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, May 4, 9 a.m-2 p.m. Vendor information, 770-502-8431 or email@example.com.
• K.G. Bailey, 20th Pastoral Anniverary for MacArthur Blount, Mt. Prospect Baptist Church, Moreland, Sunday, 2 p.m.
• Wallace McAbee/David Franklin, Western Baptist Association Spring Meeting, White Oak First Baptist Church, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.
• Youth Sunday, Central Baptist Church, Sunday, 8:45/10:55 a.m.
• Family/Friends Day, New Friendship Baptist Church, Greenville, Sunday, 11:30 a.m.
• 20th Anniversary, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Sunday, 3 p.m.
• Blessing of the Animals, preschool parking lot, Newnan Presbyterian Church, Sunday 4 p.m.
• Women’s Bible Study, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Wednesdays for seven weeks starting April 17. Book “Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus: How the Jewishness of Jesus Can Transform Your Faith,” $10 – available at church office.
• End-of-Life Issues Seminar, St. George Catholic Church, Wednesday, 7 p.m. Presenters – Leah Sumner, Larry Niese, Phillip Leonard, Terry Daviston.
• Vacation Bible School Workshop, Unity Baptist Church, Friday, 6 p.m.
• Clothes Giveaway, fellowship hall, Moreland United Methodist Church, today, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Free tutoring for children/youth, Shiloh Chinese Christian Church, Wednesdays, 6–9 p.m. Kindergarten through college/SAT/ACT/GHSGT/GED. Sponsor, Coweta County Ministerial Association. Information, Amy Tai, 770-304-3525.
• Volunteers needed, Affinis Hospice, Lynn Yeager, 678-897-3136.
• Tara Jakaitis signing “Path to Passionate,” Caribou Coffee, 2014 Powers Ferry Rd. SE, Atlanta, today, 9-11 a.m.
• Tara Jakaitis signing “Path to Passionate,” Caribou Coffee, 4520 Roswell Rd., Atlanta, Sunday, 6-8 p.m.
The deadline for submission of items for the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.