• Old Fashioned Tent Revival, 356 Main St., Whitesburg, Monday-Sept. 6, 7:30 p.m. Different ministers each night. Singers – Shadrix Trio/Guiding Light.
• Appreciation for Mrs. Ruby Florence, pianist/musician, Shady Grove Missionary Baptist Church, Sunday, 2:30 p.m. Lillie B. Geter, choir president, leading lady.
• Driven, Line Creek Baptist Church, Friday, 7:30 p.m.
• Yard Sale, parking lot, Shirley’s Country Kitchen, 1485 Highway 34 East, today, 8 a.m. Bakes goods, canned goods, crafts. Vendor booths available.
• Barbecue, parking lot, Shirley’s Country Kitchen, 1485 Highway 34 East, today, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Plates – chicken or chopped pork with three sides, $8. Tickets available from True Light Holiness Church members or at Shirley’s.
• Barbecue Sale, Grace Baptist Church, Arnco, today/Monday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Plates or by pound, $8.
• Messianic Jewish Calendars with scenes from Israel, $16 each. Also devotional, “Devoted to Israel” by Murray Tilles, $15. Light of Messiah Ministries, P.O. Box 501179, Atlanta, GA 31150.
• “Amazing Grace,” cookbook, $17 postpaid per copy. Checks to Allen-Lee UMC. Peggy Parker, 4201 Keith Rd., Hogansville, GA 30230.
• Gary Parrish, Emory Chapel United Methodist Church, Dresden, Sunday, 10 a.m.
• Going-away Reception for Father Llane Briese, St. George Catholic Church, today, folliwing 5:30 p.m. Vigil Mass.
• Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, Thomas Crossroads, starting Sept. 7. Information – JeffMBrandon@att.net .
• Free tutoring for children/youth, Shiloh Chinese Christian Church, Wednesdays, 6–9 p.m. Kindergarten through college/SAT/ACT/GHSGT/GED. Sponsor, Coweta County Ministerial Association. Information, Amy Tai, 770-304-3525.
• Food/Hygiene Item Drive, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. Ongoing. Benefits One Roof Ecumenical Outreach/Coweta Community Food Pantry. Current needs — toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, diapers, razors, shaving cream, feminine hygiene products, deodorant. Sponsor: Daughters Of King.
• Volunteers needed, Newnan-Coweta Habitat for Humanity. ReStore and builds. Contact 770-252-9049 extension 14 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Free Bible study by mail. Enroll — 678-378-5531, email@example.com or Know Your Bible, P. O. Box 224, Tyrone, GA 30290.
The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.