• New Direction, historic sanctuary, Macedonia Baptist Church, today, 7 p.m. Love offering. Light dinner, fellowship hall, 6 p.m.
• Nothing But Grace, Grace Baptist Church, Highway 16, today, 7 p.m.
• J. D. Means/Roxanne Broadnax/Dorothy Norwood/combined choirs of Zion Hill, Mother’s Day Program, Zion Hill Baptist Church, Luthersville, Sunday, 3 p.m.
• Children’s Choir Program, chapel, Central Baptist Church, Wednesday, 6:15 p.m.
• Chonda Pierce, Unity Baptist Church, Friday, 7 p.m.
• Women’s Ensemble, Resurrection Lutheran Church, practices, Wednesdays, 7 p.m. Chris Scott, leader. Open to sopranos/altos.
• Chick-N-Que, Hopewell United Methodist Church, Tyrone, May 17, 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Half barbecued chicken, slaw, baked beans, iced tea – $8 per plate. Advanced tickets at church office. Proceeds to missions. Sponsor: United Methodist Men.
• Baked Sale, Hopewell United Methodist Church, Tyrone, May 17, 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Sponsor: Recycled Kids.
• John Eidsmoe/Kevin Shipp/Ismael Hernandez/Richard Gruetter/Kitty Werthmann/Bladlee Dean/Michael Daugherty/Oleg Ivutin/Angela Bean/James Rust/Mary Grabar, Restoring Our Promise, Crossroads Church, today, noon-8 p.m. Registration, www.RestoringOurPromise.com.
• Russ Barr, Freeman Memorial Church, East Newnan, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Tamarkus Cook, Dress for Success, Job Network, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Tuesday, 6 p.m. Light snacks.
• Russ Breault, “Shroud Encounter,” Shroud of Turin program, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, May 18, 3 p.m. Advance tickets, $10, 770-304-9397. At the door, $12.
• Confirmation Vigil Mass, St. George Catholic Church, Saturday, 5:30 p.m.
• Parent-Child Dedication, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, Sunday, 8:30/10:50 a.m.
• Parent-Child Dedication Service/Gideon Presentation, Central Baptist Church, Sunday 10:55 a.m.
• “Portrayal of Women in the Bible,” Women/Mother’s Day Program, Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church, Smokey Road, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• New Children’s Sunday School Class, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Sundays, 10 a.m.
• Parkinson’s Support Group, Gathering Room, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, second Tuesdays, 3:30 p.m.
• Grief Group, Henderson Hall, St. George Catholic Church, fourth Thursday of each month, 6 p.m. Information, 770-683-3221.
• Confident Kids, Highway 154 campus, Crossroads Church, Tuesdays, 7 p.m. Information, 678-854-9300.
(The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.)