Lenten services start Wednesday
by W. Winston Skinner
Community Lenten services will again be held in Coweta County.
The services — which involve participants from several churches and denominations — have been held for several years. The ecumenical services will be held each Wednesday at noon.
The service location will rotate, and each half hour service will feature music and a short message by a pastor from another church. A meal — following each service — will be available for $5, and reservations are not required.
The schedule for the community Lenten services will be:
• March 5, First Baptist Church. Dr. Harry Barrow, pastor of Newnan Presbyterian Church.
• March 12, St. George Catholic Church. Jimmy Patterson, pastor of First Baptist Church of Newnan.
• March 19, Central Baptist Church. Allan Sandlin, rector of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church.
• March 26, St. Paul's Episcopal Church. Henry Atem, pastor of St. George Catholic Church.
• April 2, Newnan Presbyterian Church. Stuart Greene, pastor of First United Methodist Church of Newnan.
• April 9, First United Methodist Church. Rick Price, pastor of Cornerstone United Methodist Church.
• April 16, Cornerstone United Methodist Church. Dr. Joel Richardson, pastor of Central Baptist Church.