• HoDown Festival, CrossRoads Church, Friday, 5-9 p.m. Food, games. Free.
• Trunk or Treat, First Baptist Church, Moreland, Friday, 6-8 p.m. at. More than 75 trunks.
• Fall Festival, Luthersville Baptist Church, Friday, 6 p.m. Revival
• Newnan Chapel United Methodist Church, Monday –Wednesday, 7 p.m.Sherry Austin, evangelist.
• Lovejoy Memorial United Methodist Church, Sunday, 11 a.m . Dr. Bob Martin, preaching. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Katie/Stefan Slade, piano/vocals, Central Baptist Church, Sunday, 8:45/10:55 a.m.
• Music Friends, Central Baptist Church, Wednesday, 6:05 p.m.
• Cruise-In, Smokey Road Middle School, today, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Car show, music, raffle, vendors, food including barbecue. Benefit for Alvarado family. Sponsor: Bugs4Christ/Georgia Dubs.
• Open Car Show, Mt. Gilead United Methodist Church, Raymond, today. Registration, 8:30-11 a.m. Car show, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Food, Pumpkin Chunkin’.
• Cancer Walk, Greater Mt. Zion AME Church, today. Start time, 9 a.m. Sponsor: South Atlanta District Women’s Missionary Society.
• Weekend Barbecue, Redemptive Life Church of God in Christ, Moreland, today, all day, Plates, $10 — chopped barbeque, ribs, chicken, polish sausage, baked beans, coleslaw, Brunswick stew. Delivery for three or more plates.
• Flower Festival/Traditional English Tea, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Oct. 26, 2-5 p.m. Theme: Holy Days/Holidays. Floral arrangements, musical recitals, flower arranging demonstrations. Tickets, $20, church office. Proceeds toSt. Paul's Parish Life Fund.
• Dr. Marcus Dixon, Founder’s Day, Newnan Chapel United Methodist Church, Sunday, 10 a.m.
• Winston Skinner, Emory Chapel United Methodist Church, Dresden, Sunday, 10 a.m.
• J.T. Coleman, 144th Church Anniversary, Summer Hill Baptist Church, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Clifford Davis, 144th Church Anniversary, Summer Hill Baptist Church, Sunday, 2 p.m.
• John Battles, Family/Friends Day , St. Peter Baptist Church, Sunday, 2:30 p.m.
• John Farmer, Ushers Anniversary, New Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, Sunday, 2:30 p.m.
• Dr. Matt Malczycki, “Christian-Muslim Encounters in the Era of Arab Conquest,” Carnegie Library, Monday, 6 p.m. Sponsor: Newnan Carnegie Library Foundation, Reservations recommended, 770-683-1347.
• Biblical Counseling, Faith Bible Church, Sharpsburg. No charge.Appointments, 770-252-8244.
• Volunteers needed for Affinis Hospice. Lynn Yeager, 678-897-3136.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Tuesdays/Thursdays, 8 p.m. Sundays, 7 p.m.
(The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.)