• 145th Anniversary, St. Paul CME Church, Lone Oak, Sunday, 11 a.m. Othal Lakey, preaching. Dinner to follow.
• 173rd Homecoming, Mt. Pilgrim Lutheran Church, Haralson, Sunday, 11 a.m. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Gold City, Orchard Hills Church, today, 6 p.m.
• Youth Service, Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church, Sunday, 11 a.m. Choirs, soloists, dance ministers, mimes, spoken word artists.
• LilyMeister’s Lemonade Emporium, Sharpsburg Baptist Church, today, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Proceeds to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
• Barbecue Lunch, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, Sunday, after the 8:30/10:50 a.m. services. Plates, $5 — sandwich, chips, brownie. Proceeds to children’s department.
• 30th Fall Barbecue, White Oak Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, Gordon Road, Oct. 5, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Barbecue plates, quarts of Brunswick stew, pounds of barbecue — $8 each. Proceeds support White Oak’s foreign/local missionaries and missions.
• J. Robert White, Unity Baptist Church, Sunday, 10:45 a.m.
• Matthew Bailey Jr., Women’s Missionary Society Sunday, Greater Mt. Zion AME Church, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Darlene Porter-Small, Senior Mission Day, Zion Hill Baptist Church, Pinson Street, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Myles Colton, 100 Youth For Church/Pack-A-Pew Sunday, Smith Chapel United Methodist Church, Sunday, 2 p.m. Awards/refreshments.
• Jason Coussons, New Level Living, Christ Discipleship Ministries, Fairburn, Sunday, 4 p.m.
• Loyd Allen, Church History series, chapel, Central Baptist Church, first session, Wednesday, 6:15 p.m. Continues Oct. 9/16/30.
• Randy Valimont, Coweta services, First Assembly of God in Griffin, Contemporary Worship Chapel , Heatherwood Baptist Church, Saturdays, 7 p.m.
• Women in the Word Conference, White Oak Grove Baptist Church, 4619 Gordon Rd. Senoia, Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. Also, Oct. 10/17/24.
• Leader training, First Place 4 Health, Christ-centered weight loss/balanced living program, Crossroads Church, Oct. 5, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Information/registration — www.firstplace4health.com/events/2013/10-05/georgia-area-training-meeting or contact Linda Sewell at Lsewell@charter.net or 770-254-8865. Registration deadline, Tuesday.
• Animal Blessing, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Oct. 5, 9 a.m.
• Animal Blessing, St. George Catholic Church, Oct. 5, 11 a.m.
• Clothing Giveaway, Moreland United Methodist Church, today, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Military Ministry, outreach to local veterans/military personnel and at Ft. Benning. Information/volunteer – Kenneth Koon, 678-283-4293 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• One Harvest Food Ministries, Iglesia de Dios Puerta al Cielo. Weekly food box program – $20-$46. Information, Jessica Santos at 678-697-1144 or oneharvest.com.
• School uniform collection for Unity Elementary. Red/white/blue golf shirts. Khaki/navypants. Underclothes/socks. Also copy paper/dry era markers. Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak. Information, 770-254-8657.
• Fall Festival, Bexton Road Baptist Church, Oct. 5, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Inflatable slide, games, petting zoo, snowcones, hotdogs/chili.
(The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.)