• Mt. Gilead United Methodist Church, Grantville, Tuesday-Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Evangelists — Marlon Simpson, Michael Jackson, Jairo Gay. Spaghetti dinner will be served after final service.
• Mt. Gilead United Methodist Church, Grantville, Sunday. Sept. 1. Rodney Dexter Grier, preaching, 11 a.m. Dinner to follow. Joe Geter, preaching, 3 p.m.
• “Noah and the Big, Big Boat,” Sharpsburg Baptist Church, Friday, 7 p.m. Sept. 7, 2/7 p.m. Admission, $10. Under 12 free. Benefits children’s ministries.
• Yard Sale, Fellowship Christian Center, Pete Davis Road, today. Furniture, household items, children’s clothes, food.
• Taste of Summer Hill, Summer Hill Baptist Church, today, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Youth department fundraiser.
• Barbecue, Grace Baptist Church, Arnco, today and Monday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Smoked chicken or chopped pork barbecue plates, $7.
• Myron Haynes Barbecue, Moreland United Metodist Church, Sept. 7, starting 11 a.m. Plates, $8, including drink. Desserts also for sale.
• Girl Scout Troop 10322 Silver Award Fashion Show, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, Sept. 7, 7 p.m. Fashion show, silent auction, thrift shop, refreshments. Tickets, $10 each — Oneroofoutreach.org. Information/donations, 678-849-2649 or email@example.com. Benefits One Roof Ecumenical Outreach.
• Yolanda Jones-Colton, Urban Day/Come Back to Church Month, Smith Chapel United Methodist Church, Sunday, 11 a.m. Lunch/afternoon activities to follow at Newnan Utilities cabin off Roscoe Road.
• Ceremony of Bestowal of Military Service Awards, First Christian Church, Newnan, Thursday, 7 p.m. Reception to follow. Sponsor: Frankie Lyle Chapter 2074, United Daughters of the Confederacy. Outreach • DivorceCare, Community Christian Church, Sundays, 10:30 a.m. • Hospice Advantage seeking volunteers. Information, Mary Graybeal, 678-612-7223. • Sponsor a child at Christian City, $30 per month. Call Heidi Becker, 770-703-2636.
• Cinderella Agoubi, autographing “Overcomer: An Iraqi Woman's True story of Faith and Courage,” Caribou Coffee, 3487 Northside Parkway NW, Atlanta, Friday, 9-11 a.m.
(The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.)