Church Activities in Coweta CountyFrom Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related meetings, events and services taking place in Coweta County this week. ....................................
• Winter Revival, Open Door Baptist Church, Senoia, Sunday, 11 a.m./6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7 p.m. Darrell Hayes, evangelist.
• Ugandan Thunder Children’s Choir, Lisbon Baptist Church, Fayetteville, Wednesday, 6:30 p.m.
• Rick Strickland, Macedonia Baptist Church, Jan. 26, 7 p.m. Covered dish meal, 6 p.m.
• Second Time Around, dancing, Newnan Community Theatre Company, Jan. 26, 8 p.m.-midnight. Live music, dance performances, contests, raffle, prizes, dinner. Tickets, $25, Angie Ellis at 678-817-7162 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds to Congregation B’nai Israel.
• Rick Strickland/Joe and Gina Ables, Born Again Ministries, Jan. 27, 11 a.m.
• Rick Strickland/Joe and Gina Ables, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, Jan. 27, 6 p.m.
• Heart & Soul Valentine Social, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, Feb. 8, 7:30-9:30 p.m. Doors open 7 p.m. Peachtree Jazz Edition/Toni Byrd. Food. Ages 17-up. Advanced tickets – $15 – from any member of Cornerstone United Methodist Men, in Cornerstone UMC narthex before/after services, church office from Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m.-5 p.m./Friday 7 a.m. – noon. Tickets at door, $20.
• Crock Pot Cook-Off/Children’s Talent Show, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, today, 5 p.m.
• “Amazing Grace,” cookbook, $17 postpaid per copy. Checks to Allen-Lee UMC. Peggy Parker, 4201 Keith Rd., Hogansville, GA 30230.
• “The History of Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church,” $18 each. Checks to “Allen-Lee UMC” with “history book” in memo line. Rosalind Edmondson, 7073 Forrest Rd., Hogansville, GA 30230.
• Marty Blackwelder, Abundant Life Faith Church, Sunday, 10:30 a.m.
• Herb Bridges, program on historic Coweta post cards, Line Creek Baptist Church, Tuesday, 11 a.m.
• Cecelia Dixon, Women’s Day, Newnan Chapel United Methodist Church, Jan. 27, 10 a.m.
• R.L. Teagle, Deacon’s Appreciation honoring James Teagle/Jimmy Lee Young, Summer Hill Baptist Church, Jan. 27, 2:30 p.m.
• Dr. Martin Luther King’s Program, Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church, Luthersville, today, 6 p.m.
• Senior Adult Lutherans Together, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.
• Baptist Men’s Day, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, Jan. 27, 8:30/10:50 a.m. Testimonies.
• LaGrange District Training Event, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Jan. 27. Worship/commissioning of El Salvador mission team by Bishop Michael Watson, 3-4 p.m. Worship sessions – 4:10-5 p.m. and 5:10-6 p.m.
• Personal Hygiene Drive, Resurrection Lutheran Church, through January. Benefits One Roof.
• Socks for Angels House, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, through January.
• Living with Integrity: Navigating Everyday Ethical Dilemmas, six week cour se, Intown Jewish Academy, Atlanta. First session, Tuesdays, 8 p.m., starting Jan. 29. Second session, Thursdays, noon, starting Jan. 31. Information, 404-898-0434 or www.intownjewishacademy.org .
• Art with Heart Fine Arts/Crafts Show, St. Andrews in the Pines Episcopal Church, Peachtree City, Feb. 1, 6-9 p.m. Feb. 2, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Proceeds: Children’s Village/Christian City. Sponsor: Fine Arts And Crafts Entrepreneurs.