Church Activities in CowetaFrom Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related events, meetings and services for the upcoming week in Coweta County. ......................................
• Master’s Clay/Enlisted, Old Veal School, Roopville, today, 7 p.m. Concessions – hamburgers, hotdogs, homemade fried pies, sweets, soft drinks.
• Maelynn Strickland/Greenville High Ensemble/flautist Elizabeth Elliott, Veterans Day Service, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Moreland Community Choir, Moreland United Methodist Church, Sunday, 4 p.m.
• Second Coming Ministries, Elim Baptist Church, Handy Road, Sunday, 6 p.m.
• Jones Hill Chapel Male Chorus Sixth Anniversary, Jones Hill Chapel United Methodist Church, Walt Carmichael Road, Nov. 17, 4 p.m.
• Hope’s Journey/Redemption Song, Rotherwood First Congregational Methodist Church, Whitesburg, Nov. 17, 6 p.m. Benefit for Shane Pledger family.
• Mykel Coleman Studios, play, “She Walked Out and God Walked In,” Wadsworth Auditorium, Nov. 17, 7 p.m. Tickets – $20 adults/$7.50 ages 12-17. Tickets – Bonnie/678-416-8916 or email@example.com . Sponsors: Kingdom Builders/City of Zion Deliverance Tabernacle.
• Spaghetti Lunch, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, Sunday, following 11 a.m. service. Donations. Sponsor: youth.
• Food Sale/Basket Raffle, Newnan Presbyterian Church Preschool, Thursday, 9 a.m.
• Men’s Club Barbecue, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Nov. 17, 11a.m.-2 p.m.
• Dinner Fundraiser, Rotherwood First Congregational Methodist Church, Whitesburg, Nov. 17, 4:30-6 p.m. Plates, $5. Benefits Shane Pledger family.
• “The History of Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church,” $18 each. Checks to “Allen-Lee UMC” with “history book” in memo line. Rosalind Edmondson, 7073 Forrest Rd., Hogansville, GA 30230.
• Eric Sinkfield, Tearing Down the Walls, Victory Bible Ministries, Sharpsburg, Sunday, 10:30 a.m.
• Sondra Harkness, Women’s Day, Mt. Vernon First Baptist Church, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Willie Melson, 145th Anniversary, Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church, Sunday, 2 p.m.
• Denine Swain/Peter Ludlow, Job Network, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Tuesday, 6 p.m. Free.
• D’Andre Green, Pastor Appreciation Celebration, Faith International Christian Center, Thursday, 7:30 p.m.
• Rod Blackmon, Pastor Appreciation Celebration, Faith International Christian Center, Friday, 7:30 p.m.
• Betty Weaver, Pastor Appreciation Celebration, Faith International Christian Center, Nov. 18, 11 a.m.
• Lashawn Bailey, Women’s Day, Powell Chapel United Methodist Church, Nov. 18, 2 p.m.
• Felix Moten, Pastor Appreciation Celebration, Faith International Christian Center, Nov. 18, 3 p.m.
• Sister 2 Sister Women’s Conference, Central Educational Center, today, 9 a.m. Registration, $20. Sponsor: China Grove Missionary Baptist Church.
• 31st Anniversary, Congregation B’nai Israel, Fayetteville, today. Potluck, 5:30 p.m. Havdalah service/anniversary program, 7 p.m. Information, 678-817-7162.
• Sunday School High Attendance Sunday, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, Sunday, 9:45 a.m.
• Veterans Day Observance, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Nov. 11, 10:30 a.m.
• Veterans Day Service, First Baptist Church, Moreland, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Veterans Day Service, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, Sunday, 11 a.m. Recognition of all veterans.
• Fall Night of Remembrance, Cokes Chapel United Methodist Church, Sharpsburg, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. Bring photo of loved one. Information, Mary Ruth Davidson, 770-254-8612. Sponsor: United Hospice.
• Senior Adult Lutherans Together, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.
• Presbytery of Greater Atlanta, Roswell Presbyterian Church, Thursday, 9 a.m.
• “The Mormons Next Door,” Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Thursday, 7 p.m. Presentation, refreshments, tours.
• Women’s Fellowship, basement, Unity Baptist Church, Thursday, 7 p.m.
• Family/Friend Service, White Oak Grove Baptist Church, Senoia, Nov. 17, 6 p.m.
• Community Thanksgiving Service, Moreland United Methodist Church, Nov. 18, 6 p.m. Offering for Coweta Samaritan Clinic. Refreshments to follow.
• Peachtree Job Fair, Country Inn and Suites Hotel, 7815 Senoia Rd., Fairburn, Wednesday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Free. Information, Kim Wilson – www.peachtreejobfair.com , 678-491-8583, firstname.lastname@example.org . Sponsor: GAP Ministries.
• Thanksgiving Outreach, First Baptist Church, Moreland, Nov. 17, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Free food, clothes, financial counseling.
• Hot Thanksgiving Meal, Powell Chapel United Methodist Church, Nov. 21, 3 p.m.
• Daughters of the King collection, narthex, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Ongoing. Cereal, grits, oatmeal, Jiffy Cornbread Mix, peanutbutter, jelly, spaghetti sauce jars, pasta, mac/cheese, instant potatoes, evaporated milk, juice, tea, sugar. Canned corn, greenbeans, sweet peas, beans, black-eyed peas, yams, sweet potatoes,tomatoes, tomato sauce, greens — collards/turnip/spinach, mixedvegetables, fruit, soup, tuna, salmon, canned meat. Toilet tissue,paper towels, bar soap, toothpaste, shaving cream, disposable razors,lotion, shampoo, dishwashing liquid, laundry detergent, feminineproducts, disposable diapers, wet wipes, trash bags.
• Fall Festival, Newnan Family Worship Center, today, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Inflatables, hayride, games, prizes, food.
• Ladies Christmas Potpourri, Woolsey Baptist Church, Fayetteville, Nov. 17, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.Tickets, $10, 770-461-9618. Sponsor: Legacy women’s ministry.
• Churchwide Thanksgiving Dinner, Unity Baptist Church, Nov. 18, 6 p.m.