Church Activities in Coweta CountyFrom Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related services, meetings and events this week in Coweta County.
• Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, Sunday, 10:30 a.m. Searcy Jackson, preaching.
• 51st Homecoming, Miracle Way Baptist Church, Senoia, Sunday, 11 a.m. Jonathan Hannah, preaching. New Horizons/Doug Stone, singing after lunch.
• 175th Anniversary, Greenville Baptist Church, Sunday, 1:30 a.m.
• 184th Homecoming, Turin United Methodist Church, Oct. 21, 11 a.m. Julia Crim, preaching. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Miracle Way Baptist Church, Senoia, Sunday, 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7 p.m. Jonathan Hannah, evangelist.
• Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, Monday-Wednesday, 7 p.m. Evangelists – Monday, Jimmy Patterson; Tuesday, Scott Hannah; Wednesday, Danny Garrett.
• Newnan Chapel United Methodist Church, Oct. 22-26, 7 p.m. L. M. Spear, revivalist.
• South Georgia Quartet/Spiritual Voices, Old Veal School, Roopville, today, 7 p.m. Love offering. Hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, homebaked goodies.
• Music Friends, preschool choir, Central Baptist Church, Sunday, 10:55 a.m.
• Allen-Lee Singers, first performance, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• “Make a Joyful Noise,” Griffin Choral Arts concert, Second Baptist Church, Griffin, Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Features Griffin High Honor Chorus. Tickets – $10 at door.
• Encounter 2012, youth event, gymnasium, Newnan High School, Oct. 20, 7-10 p.m. FR8Train/A2J/Double Wide Revival. Free. Sponsor: 1 Life Community Church.
• Masterworks Chorale/Truett-McConnell College Choir/First Baptist Newnan Sanctuary Choir and Orchestra, Mendelssohn’s “Elijah,” Centre for the Performing and Visual Arts, Oct. 20, 7 p.m. Free tickets – Centre or First Baptist. Donations for Masterworks Chorale Vocal Scholarship/Coweta Pregnancy Services.
• In His Steps Anniversary Concert, Old Veal School, Roopville, Oct. 20, 7 p.m. Love offering. Featured: In His Steps/Jonathans.
• Christian Karaoke, Legacy Equipping Center, Fayetteville, Oct. 26, 7-8:30 p.m. Love offering. Information, 770-742-0790.
• Chicken-Q/Bake Sale/Fair, Sharpsburg Baptist Church, today, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Chicken-Que, St. Andrew United Methodist Church, Carrollton, today, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Plates, $8.
• Fall Festival, Newnan Christian School, Oct. 20, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Activities, barbecue plates, rummage sale, vendors. Admission – $1 adults/50 cents students.
• Hotdogs/Chips/Soft drinks/Baked goods, Spin Time Storytelling Festival, Moreland, Oct. 20, 10:30-6 p.m. Sponsor: Allen-Lee United Methodist Church.
• Spaghetti Fest, New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, 4036 Corinth Rd., Oct. 20, 2-6 p.m. Plates, $8.
• Greek Pastry Sale. Spanakopita/tiropita/baklava/kourambiedes/koulouria/melamakarona. Information/orders – www.saintchristopherhoc.org or Helen, 770-486-6580. Orders by Nov. 2 for pickup Nov. 16-17. Sponsor: Philoptochos/St. Christopher Hellenic Orthodox Church.
• Tickets for Belk Charity Day, Nov. 3, 6-10 a.m., $5. Proceeds to building fund of Allen-Lee United Methodist Church/Moreland Cultural Arts Alliance. Tickets sent by return mail. Checks to Allen-Lee UMC, c/o Skinner, 60 Temple Ave., Newnan, GA 30263.
• Backpack Raffle, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road. Backpack contains items worth $100. Tickets — $1 each. Proceeds to children’s department. Drawing, Nov. 14. Information – Tom/Jeannie Smrcina, 770-573-4366 or email@example.com .
• John Clauson, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Sunday, 8:30/11 a.m.
• Dr. Melvin D. Brittian Jr., 131st Church Anniversary, Providence Baptist Church, Summers-McKoy Road, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Milton Goggins, Church Anniversary, Neriah Baptist Church, Senoia, Sunday, 2:30 p.m. Dinner 1-2:30 p.m.
• Bishop Preston Warren Williams II, Family/Friends Day, Greater Mt. Zion AME Church, Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
• Walter Shurden/Gary Simson, “Conversation on the Role of Religion and Politics: What We Have Learned from the Past,” Temple Emanu-El in Atlanta, Monday, 7-9 p.m. Sponsors: Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Georgia/American Jewish Committee. Registration – $10/$5 for students – www.ajcatlanta.org .
• Billy Campbell/Vera Pedersen, Fellowship by the Fire, Legacy Equipping Center, Fayetteville, Friday, 7-9 p.m. Love offering. Information, 770-742-0790.
• Cheryl White, Ladies Day, Newnan Church of Christ, Oct. 20, 9 a.m. Registration, 8:30 a.m. Lunch. Reservations – 770-253-3684 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Eldrin Bell, Sunday School Summit, Mt. Sinai Baptist Church, Lovelace Street, Oct. 21, 9:45 a.m.
• Marcus Dixon, Founders Day, Newnan Chapel United Methodist Church, Oct. 21, 10 a.m.
• Gary Parrish, Haralson United Methodist Church, Oct. 21, 11 a.m.
• Ordination/consecration of Robert C. Wright as Episcopal bishop, Martin Luther King Jr. International Chapel, Morehouse College, Atlanta, today, 10:30 a.m.
• Religion in America, Sunday Forum, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Sunday, 9:15 a.m. Bishop Frank K. Allan, leader.
• Blessing of the Animals, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Oct. 14, 5 p.m.
• Medicaid/Waivers for Developmental Disabilities Workshop, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, Monday, 7-8:30 p.m. Free. Reservations/information – Georgia, 678-378-8974 or Coweta@p2pga.org . Sponsor: Coweta Navigator Team.
• Blessing of the Animals, parking lot, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Oct. 20, 10 a.m. Animals must be crated/leashed.
• Celebration of Priestly Ordination for Diane Dougherty, First Metropolitan Community Church, Atlanta, Oct. 20, 1 p.m. Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests.
• Deacon Ordination, Unity Baptist Church, Oct. 21, 10:45 a.m.
• Senior Adult Sunday, Newnan Presbyterian Church, Oct. 21, 10:55 a.m.
• Connect, contemporary worship service, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Oct. 21, 11 a.m.
• Senior Adult Lutherans Together, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Oct. 24, 10:30 a.m.
• Free Meal, Perpetual Community Resource Centre, 12 Savannah St., today, 4-6 p.m. until food is gone.
• Divorce Care, Orchard Hills Church, Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m.
• Soft drink can tab collection for Ronald McDonald House, Resurrection Lutheran Church.
• Fall Festival, Welcome Road Baptist Church, Oct. 20, 5 p.m. Games/hayride/food.
• Trunk or Treat, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, Oct. 26, 6 p.m. Hot dog supper. Free.
• Fall Festival, Sunnyside Baptist Church, Oct. 26, 6:30-9 p.m. Hayride/apple bobbing/cakewalk, Bingo/refreshments/games. Free.
The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.