Coweta-area Church ActivitiesFrom Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related services, meetings and events for the upcoming week in-and-around Coweta County.
• First Baptist Church, Moreland, Sunday, 8:30/11 a.m. Jerry Eley, preaching. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, Moreland, Sunday, 10 a.m.
• Ramah First Baptist Church, Palmetto, Sunday, 10:30 a.m. Scott Cannon, preaching. Covered dish meal to follow
• 179th Homecoming, Enon First Baptist Church, College Park, Sunday, 10:30 a.m. Covered dish meal to follow. Old Fashioned Sing-a-long around piano in afternoon.
• New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, 4036 Corinth Rd., Sunday, 11 a.m. Clifford Davis, preaching.
• Summer Hill Baptist Church, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Bethel Heard Baptist Church, Franklin, Sunday, 11 a.m. Covered dish meal to follow.
• White Plains United Methodist Church, St. Marks, Sunday, 11 a.m. YoLanda Jones-Colton, preaching. Dinner to follow.
• White Oak Grove Baptist Church, Senoia, Aug. 26, 11 a.m.
• New Hope Church, Wooster/Greenville, Aug. 26, 11 a.m. Dennis Farr, preaching. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Summer Hill Baptist Church, Monday-Friday, 7 p.m. Johnny Strickland, evangelist.
• 2012 Summer Revival, Dent Chapel AME Church, Monday-Friday, 7:30 p.m. Evangelists – Monday/Gregory Eason, Tuesday/Harvey Williams, Wednesday/Debora Grant, Thursday/K. G. Bailey, Friday/C. J. Holliman.
• White Plains United Methodist Church, St. Marks, Tuesday-Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Evangelists – Tuesday/Ralph Thompson, Wednesday/Sherry Austin, Thursday/L. W. Booker.
• Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, Moreland, Wednesday-Friday, 7 p.m. Evangelists -- Harold Kilgore/Wednesday, Ralph Thompson/Thursday, Chris McCambry/ Friday.
• New Hope Church, Wooster/Greenville, Wednesday-Friday, 7 p.m. Dennis Farr, evangelist.
• New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, 4036 Corinth Rd., Wednesday-Friday, 7:30 p.m. Willie Orr, evangelist.
• White Oak Grove Baptist Church, Senoia, Aug. 28-30, 7:30 p.m. Johnny Strickland, evangelist.
• Carolina Boys, Miracle Way Baptist Church, Senoia, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Arete Chorus registration open, house, Providence United Methodist Church, Fayetteville, Sunday, 1-3 p.m. Middle school girls/families welcome. Information. Performance by Mandy Thomas Sumerall.
• Sons of Jubal/Jubal Brass/Jubal Handbells/Jubal Vocal Ensemble, Heatherwood Baptist Church, Thursday, 4/7 p.m. Love offering.
• Big Band Dinner/Dance, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Aug. 25, 5:30-9 p.m. Advance tickets required, $15 from church office. Peachtree Jazz Edition/food/dancing.
• Donations for Sept. 1 flea market, Andrews Chapel United Methodist Church, Roscoe. Items left at church, Wednesdays, 6-6:30 p.m. Or call Debra Tarleton, 770-253-7618.
• Spaces for Sept. 1 yard sale, One Roof, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Donations, $25, 770-683-7705.
• Spaces for Sept. 29 yard sale/flea market, FaithCreek United Methodist Church, $20. Call Rita, 770-253-9655.
• Germaine Copeland, Prayer Conference, Abundant Life Faith Church, Sunday, 10:30 a.m.
• Steven Hall, New Life Tabernacle Life Changing Ministries, Sunday, 5:30 p.m.
• Timothy Frazier, Prophet Chambers Prophetic Service, Christ Discipleship Ministries, Fairburn, Aug. 26, 5 p.m.
• Good News Club Training, Unity Baptist Church, today, 8 a.m.-4 pm.
• Prayer Breakfast, Newnan Chapel United Methodist Church, today, 9 a.m.
• Prayer Conference, Abundant Life Faith Church, today, 10 a.m./7 p.m. Sunday, 10:30 a.m.
• Sunday School Rally Day, Newnan Presbyterian Church, Sunday, 9:30 a.m.
• Potluck Luncheon, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Sunday, 12:15 p.m.
• Being a Peacemaker, Tuesday Training, Legacy Equipping Center, Fayetteville, Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Tracy Harrelson, leader. Reservations, 770-742-0790.
• Senior Adult Lutherans Together, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.
• Awana Kickoff, Unity Baptist Church, Wednesday, 6:30 p.m.
• Kingdom Writers, Legacy Equipping Center, Fayetteville, Aug. 28, 7 p.m. Love offering. Reservations, 770-742-0790.
• What Steals Your Joy?/Steps to Emotional Healing, Weekend Wholeness Workshop, Legacy Equipping Center, Fayetteville, Aug. 31, 7-8:30 p.m. Vera Pedersen, teacher. Love offering. Reservations, 770-742-0790.
• Eucharist, Cathedral of Christ the King, Sharpsburg. Sundays – 8:30/10 a.m. Mondays 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, 12:15/7:30 p.m. Thursdays, 7:30 p.m.
• Canon of Holy Scripture, class, parish life center, Cathedral of Christ the King, Sharpsburg, Wednesdays through Oct. 10, 7:30-9 p.m. James Taylor, leader.
• Faith and Franks, Rent a Center, today, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. while food lasts. Free hotdogs/chips/drinks. Sponsor: Abundant Life Faith Church.
• Women with Depression, Crossroads Church, Tuesdays, 7 p.m.
• Christians Against Substance Abuse, Newnan Church of Christ, Thursdays, 6 p.m. Faith-based 12-step program. Information – firstname.lastname@example.org . Ron Tomme, leader.
• Free meal, Faith Tabernacle Church, Raymond, last Saturday each month, 1-3 p.m.
• School supply collection for Bridging the Gap, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road.
• Upward Flag Football/Cheerleading, First Baptist Church, Moreland, Age 4-eighth grade. Cheerleading, $65. Football, $70. Online registration: www.fbcmoreland.org or attend evaluation – today, 10 a.m.-1 p.m./Aug. 23, 4-7 p.m./Aug. 28, 4-7 p.m. Information, Stacey Jones – email@example.com .
• Jewish religious school, Congregation B’nai Israel, Fayetteville, starting Aug. 19. Most Sundays, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Information/registration, 678-817-7162.
• Recipes sought for Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church cookbook. Submissions left at church or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or Peggy Parker, 4201 Keith Rd., Hogansville, GA 30230.
The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.