Published Thursday, March 28, 2013
The Coweta Board of Environmental Health inspects all Coweta restaurants, schools and businesses that serve food several times each year.
• Big Chic, 7280 Highway 16 East, Suite A, was inspected March 12. Current score 99-A. Previous score 99-A on July 26, 2012. Inspector’s comments: Split gasket on cooler door, breading lid cracked.
• China Chef Buffet, 67 Bullsboro Drive, Newnan, was inspected March 11. Current score 97-A. Previous scores 97-A on Aug. 27, 2013, and 98-A on Dec. 14, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Leak at warewasher drain pipe and under faucet. Hood filters need cleaning, dust on ceiling.
• Coweta County Prison, 101 Selt Rd., Newnan, was inspected March 12. Current score 100-A. Previous scores 99-A on July 30, 2012, and 100-A on Nov. 9, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Looks great!
• Dunkin Donuts, 1010-A Highway 34 East, Newnan, was inspected March 14. Current score: 79-C. Previous scores: 81-B on Aug. 28, 2012, and 89-B on Jan. 9, 2012. Inspector’s comments: Dishes and wiping cloth bucket stored in handwash sink. No paper towels at handwash sink in back. Milk dated February 22, 2013, smoked salmon use by Dec. 26, 2012, pumpkin use by Dec. 9, 2012, blueberry use by Oct. 13, 2012, orange coolata sell by Feb. 23, 2013. Particles on donut racks, mold on lower area of deflector shield of ice machine. Buildup on lower shelf near sugar dispenser. Cups stacked too high, cup dispenser does not protect cup rims, single service forks stored in open box, boxes of single service cups stored on floor, coffee filters not stored in plastic. Chocolate powder stored on floor. Split gaskets on cooler doors, ice in walk-in freezer floor. Missing wall tiles, jacket stored on bags of sugar. Food service permit, CFSM certificate not posted - repeat. Spoons stored in room temperature - repeat.
• Espresso Lane Inc., 22 West Court Square, Suite A, Newnan, was inspected March 11. Current score 93-A. Previous scores 91-A on Aug. 10, 2012, and 96-A on Dec. 20, 2011. Inspector’s comments: No presence of sanitizer in wiping cloths - corrected. No presence of sanitizer in third compartment sink - corrected.
• Katie Lou’s, 70 Main Street, Senoia, was inspected March 12. Current score 94-A. Previous scores N/A. Inspector’s comments: Sausage gravy at 120 degrees F. cooling with lid, sausage 77 degrees F. wrapped with plastic wrap cooling - moved to walk-in cooler, uncovered. Thawing sausage on prep table - moved to walk-in for proper thawing. Employee wearing watch.
• Kimble’s Food by Design, 1000 Highway 34 East, Newnan, was inspected March 7. Current score 96-A. Previous scores 91-A on July 25, 2012, 95-A on Nov. 22, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Sink nozzles have some particles on them.
• Pizza Hut, 3150 Highway 34 East, was inspected March 7. Current score 94-A. Previous scores 96-A on July 16, 2012, 95-A on Nov. 16, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Dish machine was out of detergent, rinse aid, sanitizer not working. Mold on bathroom wall, dust on ceilings, buildup on racks under racks behind equipment and on floor. Top of dish machine has particles. Keyboard covers have buildup. Condensation in freezer.
• Ruby Tuesday, 1120 Bullsboro Drive, was inspected March 13. Current score 87-B. Previous scores 88-B on Aug. 6, 2012, and 94-B on Dec.13, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Pasta salad 46 degrees F. stored in salad cooler, tomatoes 51 degrees F., ham 48 degrees F., pasta salad 53 degrees F. on salad bar. Thawing seafood gumbo base in water 60 degrees F. - discarded. Chicken 47.2 degrees F., rice 46 degrees F., 47 degrees F. cooling while wrapped in plastic - unwrapped and moved to walk-in cooler. Split gaskets. Need chlorine sanitizer test strips.
• Senoia Coffee Company, Main Street, Senoia, was inspected March 12. Current score 99-A. Previous scores 98-A on June 22 and 92-A on Sept. 21. Inspector’s comments: Need sanitizer test strips.
• Shoney’s, 355 Bullsboro Drive, Newnan, was inspected March 13. Current score 82-B. Previous scores 87-B on Aug. 2, 2012, and 96-A on Dec. 20, 2011. Inspector’s comments: No certified food safety manager. Boiled eggs 45.2 degrees F., cut melons 45 degrees F., cut tomatoes 50 degrees F., raw hamburgers 50 degrees F. Macaroni-n-cheese 127 degrees F., mashed potatoes 126 degrees F., scrambled eggs 121 degrees F., chicken 121 degrees F. Split gaskets on cooler doors. Pasta noodles 53 degrees F. stored covered inside walkin cooling, sausage rice 59 degrees F. stored covered in plastic container inside walk-in cooler cooling - moved to flat pan. Exposed light bulbs.