Published Saturday, March 09, 2013
The Coweta Board of Environmental Health inspects all Coweta restaurants, schools and businesses that serve food several times each year.
• Checker’s, 213 Bullsboro Dr., Newnan, was inspected Feb. 7. Current score 97-A. Previous scores 95-A on July 27, 2012, and 95-A on Nov. 21, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Split gaskets on cooler and freezer doors, ice around walk-in freezer door, door ajar, dust on walk-in cooler fan cover. Leak at mop well.
• China Kitchen, 90H Glenda Trace, Newnan, was inspected Feb. 7. Current score 76-C. Previous scores 83-B on Aug. 23, 2012, and 75-C on Jan. 10, 2012. Inspector’s comments: In lift-top cooler raw shrimp and chicken stored behind vegetables. In walk-in cooler raw eggs stored above cooked chicken and next to cooked shrimp. Containers of cut vegetables not covered in walk-in, foods not covered in bottom of lift-top. No date marking anywhere. Can from vegetables used to store other meats, open cans of water chestnuts used for storage. Cans not dated when opened. Everyone in kitchen area must have hair restraints, including children. Wet wiping cloths stored on counters, count not find buckets of sanitizer for them. Some scoops in product, scoop for cooked rice not properly stored. Pans wet stacked.
• Christy’s Café, 30 Perry Street, Newnan, was inspected Feb. 13. Current score 97-A. Previous scores 96-A on July 26, 2012, and 96-A on Nov. 22, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Soiled dishes stored on floor - moved to rack. Spilt gasket on cooler doors. Small holes in wall, floor not fully covered in some areas.
• Contemporary Catering, 25 Herring Rd., Newnan, was inspected Feb. 4. Current score: 99-A. Previous scores: 96-A on July 20, 2012, and 97-A on Oct. 21, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Split gaskets on cooler doors, dust on walk-in cooler fan unit.
• Corner Café, 1485 Highway 34 East, Suite 7-A, was inspected Feb. 12. Current score: 96-A. Previous scores 93-A on July 20, 2012, and 92-A on Oct. 19, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Cooked rice not date marked.
• Emeritus at Newnan, 355 Millard Farmer Industiral Blvd., was inspected Feb. 4. Current score 93-A. Previous scores: 92-A on July 24, 2012, and 77-C on April 17, 2012. Inspector’s comments: Dried food particles on slicer and extra blade, particles inside silverware storage container. No hot water at one handwash sink, by back cooler. Soap compartment of three compartment sink not working properly, not filling.
• Founders Restaurant and Bar, 20 Main St., Senoia, was inspected Jan. 25. Current score 91-A. Previous scores: 85-B on Aug. 8, 2012, and 90-A of Nov. 1, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Chicken, salmon not date marked. In use knives stored between tables. Bowls used as scoops. Coffee filters not stored in protective packaging. Dust on vents in ceiling and hood. Clean under all equipment.
• H. J. Wings & Things, 20 Thomas Grace Annex, Suite F, Sharpsburg, was inspected Feb. 6. Current score 98-A. Previous scores: 98-A on July 11, 2012, and 91-A on Oct. 24, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Containers of glasses stored on walk-in freezer floor. Split gaskets on cooler doors, damaged hood filters, loose gasket on ice machine door. Dried sauces on racks where sauce bowls are stored, dust on ice machine door.