Published Saturday, February 02, 2013
From Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related services, meetings, revivals, speaking engagements and fundraising events in Coweta County this week.
• Church of God of the Union Assembly, underway nightly, 7. James Pratt, speaking.
• Rehoboth Baptist Church, Luthersville, Sunday, 9 a.m.
• Carol Choir, First United Methodist Church, Sunday, 10:55 a.m.
• Run for Angel’s Chicken Q , parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, today, 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Huckleberry’s chicken, $9. Plates – quarter chicken, potato salad, baked beans, bread, drink, homemade dessert. Proceeds to Angel’s House.
• Murray Tilles, Jesus and the Passover, White Oak Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, Gordon Road, Sunday, 9:45 a.m.
• Ada Long, Deaconess Anniversary, Summer Hill Baptist Church, Sunday, 2 p.m.
• Robert Wright, Celebration of New Ministry, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Feb. 9, 11 a.m. Installation of Allan Sandlin as rector. Holy Eucharist, music. Luncheon to follow. Musical prelude, 10:45.
• Larry Warner, Black Heritage Banquet, Smokey Road Middle School, Feb. 9, 7 p.m. Sponsor: Newnan Chapel United Methodist Church. Ticket information, 770-253-9447.
• Summer Hill Baptist Church note-burning service, 80 East Newnan Rd., today, 1 p.m.
• Ministry Fair, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Sunday, 9-10:45 a.m.
• Love Worth Fighting For, auditorium, Carrollton High School, Feb. 10, 4 p.m. Speaker: Kirk Cameron. Music: Warren Barfield. Tickets – $20-$35 – www.feedyourfaith.org .
• Support groups — Adult Family and Friends of Addicts, AngerManagement — separate classes for men and women, Blended Families,Call to Husbands, Cancer Support, Chemical Dependency, ConfidentKids/Divorce Care for Kids, Divorce Care, First Place, Grief Share,High School Student Care, Middle School Student Care, Survivors ofSexual Abuse for women, Women’s Relational Conflict, CrossroadsChurch, Tuesdays, 7 p.m.
• Celebrate Recovery, SonRise Baptist Church, Thursdays, 6-9 p.m.
• Donations sought, Sow Good Center, Inc., 2450 Highway 85, Senoia, GA 30276.
The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.