Published Saturday, January 12, 2013
From Special Reports
Listed below are various church-related meetings, fundraisers and events in Coweta County this week.
• White Plains United Methodist Church, St. Marks/Hogansville, Monday-Wednesday, 7 p.m. Evangelist – Monday, E. J. Jimmerson; Tuesday, Homer McKee; Wednesday, Kenneth Bailey.
• Winter Revival, Open Door Baptist Church, Senoia, Jan. 20, 11 a.m./6 p.m. Jan. 21-25, 7 p.m. Darrell Hayes, evangelist.
• “Facing the Giants,” movie, New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, 4036 Corinth Rd., today, 6 p.m. Food. Free.
• Ugandan Thunder Children’s Choir, Lisbon Baptist Church, Fayetteville, Jan. 23, 6:30 p.m.
• Crock Pot Cook-Off/Children’s Talent Show, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Jan. 19, 5 p.m.
• “Amazing Grace,” cookbook, $17 postpaid per copy. Checks to Allen-Lee UMC. Peggy Parker, 4201 Keith Rd., Hogansville, GA 30230.
• “The History of Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church,” $18 each. Checks to “Allen-Lee UMC” with “history book” in memo line. Rosalind Edmondson, 7073 Forrest Rd., Hogansville, GA 30230.
• Dr. Barry Tidwell, NAACP – Coweta Unit 5189, St. Smyrna Baptist Church, Monday, 7 p.m.
• Herb Bridges, program on historic Coweta post cards, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Tuesday, 11 a.m.
• David Nesenoff, “To Catch an Anti-Semite: A Story of Humor, Danger, Spirituality, the Hand of God, Media Bias and Cyber Hatred,” Chabad Intown Jewish Academy, Tuesday, 7:30 p.m. Admission – $20 at door, $15 in advance – www.intownjewishacademy.org or 404-898-0434.
• Cathy Lee Phillips, “What Not to Wear,” women’s conference, First Baptist Church, Moreland, Jan. 19, 9 a.m. Registration, $10 including breakfast/lunch. Online registration: www.fbcmwomen.org .
• Marty Blackwelder, Abundant Life Faith Church, Jan. 20, 10:30 a.m.
• Herb Bridges, program on historic Coweta post cards, Line Creek Baptist Church, Jan. 22, 11 a.m.
• New Contemporary Worship Service, Sargent Baptist Church, today, 6 p.m.
• First Anniversary, Precious Faith Church, Thomas Crossroads Elementary School, Sharpsburg, Sunday, 10 a.m.
• Senior Adult Lutherans Together, Resurrection Lutheran Church Jan. 23, 10:30 a.m.
• Pesonal Hygiene Drive, Resurrection Lutheran Church, through January. Benefits One Roof.
• Take off Pounds Sensibly, Mt. Carmel United Methodist Church,Summers-McKoy Road, Mondays, 7:30 p.m. Information — 770-253-8376 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Divorce Care, Orchard Hills Church, Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m.
• Support groups, Crossroads Church, Tuesdays, 7 p.m. Confident Kids,Student Care, Chemical Dependency,Adult Family and Friends of Addicts, Anger Management – men and women separately, Chronic Pain, Depression – women, Divorce Care, First Place Weight Loss, Survivors of Sexual Abuse, Men’s Sexual Addiction, Wives of Sex Addicts, Single Mom’s Group. Information, 678-854-9300.
• Single Life, Orchard Hills Church, Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m.
• Reformers Unanimous, Woolsey Baptist Church, Fayetteville, Fridays, 7-9 p.m.
• AO Mission Center, First Baptist Church, Newnan, Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.
• GED Classes, First Baptist Church, Grantville, Tuesdays/Thursdays,6-8 p.m. Information — Shelly Smith,770-583-3621/LindaDean,770-583-2726.
• Al-Anon, Community Christian Church, Tuesdays, 7:30 p.m.
• Volunteer orientation, Habitat ReStore, Wednesdays/Saturdays, 10 a.m.
• JobSeekers of Peachtree City, First Baptist Church, Peachtree City,Fridays, 7:30-10 a.m. Information: email@example.com
• Women with Depression, Crossroads Church, Tuesdays, 7 p.m.
• Christians Against Substance Abuse, Newnan Church of Christ, Thursdays, 6 p.m. Faith-based 12-step program. Information – firstname.lastname@example.org. Ron Tomme, leader.
• Free Bible study by mail. Enroll — 678-378-5531, email@example.com or Know Your Bible, P. O. Box 224, Tyrone, GA 30290.
The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.