Published Thursday, January 10, 2013
By JOHN A. WINTERS
Newnan’s Downtown Development Authority hired a local artist to design maps of downtown for area shoppers that will be installed in two kiosks.
Dave Dorrell submitted the low bid, which was accepted by the board Wednesday, for $1,750. The maps will highlight parks, museums and public buildings in the downtown corridor, and include footprints of other existing buildings.
Two kiosks are planned for downtown to help visitors find specific stores and restaurants, places of interest and parking.
Also Wednesday, the authority approved the 2013 Events Calendar for downtown activities.
• Pickin’ on the Square: first and third Saturday of every month. 11 a.m. until ....
• Market Day: April through December. First Saturday of every month, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Spring Art Walk: March 22, 5-8 p.m.
• Spring Taste of Newnan: April 18, 5-8:30 p.m.
• Independents Week: July 1-7
• Independence Day Parade: July 4
• Labor Day Sidewalk Sale, Sunrise on the Square 5K Road Race: Aug. 30-31
• Art Festival: Sept. 28
• Fall Taste of Newnan: Oct. 3, 5-8:30 p.m.
• Oktoberfest Boutique Beer Tasting: Oct. 18, 5-9 p.m.
• Munchkin Masquerade: Oct. 31, 10 a.m. - noon.
• Holiday Open House: Nov. 10, 1-5 p.m.
• Mingle with Kringle: Nov. 29, 6-8 p.m.
• Plaid Friday: Nov. 29, until 8 p.m.