Published Sunday, September 09, 2012
• China Chef Buffet, 67 Bullsboro Dr., Newnan, was inspected Aug. 23 and received a score of 97-A. Previous scores 98-A on Dec. 14 and 96-A on April 12, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Store chicken six inches above floor even when preparing.
• China Kitchen, 90H Glenda Trace, Newnan, was inspected Aug. 23 and received a score of 83-B. Previous scores 75-C on Jan. 10, and 82-B on May 2, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Employee handled vegetables with bare hands. Uncovered shrimp inside freezer. Dried particles on utensil hanging on wall above three compartment sink. Shrimp thawing in pan on drain board of three compartment sink. Soup handle stored in noodles, rice spoon stored in water less than 135 degrees F.
• Hardee’s, 4201 Sharpsburg-McCollum Road, Newnan, was inspected Aug. 21 and received a score of 85-B. Previous scores 89-B on Jan. 11, 2012, and 89-B on June 15, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Tomatoes 58.1 degrees F., cheese 52.1 degrees F., no time on food. Chicken tenders 118 degrees F. Buildup on gaskets on coolers, buildup on hot holding area, wall tiles, buildup on lower shelf of prep table, buildup on handles of sinks, walkin cooler door does not close properly. Dust around walkin cooler fan, stained light shield, missing light shield. Need paper towels at handwash sink - corrected. Need handwash signs at handwash sink.
• Subway, 5 McCollum-Sharpsburg, Newnan, was inspected on Aug. 21 and received a score of 96-A. Previous scores 96-A on Dec. 13, 2011, and 93-A on May 11, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Dried tomatoes particles on slicer - corrected.
• Tomo Japanese Restaurant, 90 Glenda Trace, Suite K, Newnan, was inspected Aug. 23 and received a score of 90-A. Previous scores 90-A on Nov. 21, 2011, and 91-A on April 20, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Spoon stored in handwash sink, used gloves hanging on handwash sink. Employees eating in prep area. Chicken thawing in three compartment sink with dishes. Open sauce stored on drain board of three compartment sink near handwash sink. Bowl used to dispense sugar, spoon stored in room temperature water.
• Town & Country Restaurant, 8 Franklin Highway, Newnan, was inspected Aug. 23 and received a score of 93-A. Previous scores 91-A on Nov. 16, 2011, and 91-A on April 15, 2011. Inspector’s comments: Wiping cloth not in sanitizer, left on counter. No sanitizer in warewashing machine.