Most Recent Polls
Should the federal government continue to give tax credits and subsidies to the wind power industry?
- Yes 74
- No 131
- No, end all energy sector subsidies 48
- No, the government should leave the energy sector alone and end support for failed technologies 42
- No, traditional energy sources including oil, coal and nuclear power will be reliable energy sources for many years to come 15
- Yes, the future of our economy relies on the creation of jobs in sustainable energy 37
- Yes, the wind power industry is an important alternative to coal and natural gas 45
Should the U.S. expand offshore oil drilling?
- Yes 273
- No 43
- Nationalize the energy sector 8
- Incentivize the private sector to develop alternative forms of energy 35
- Deregulate and let the free market determine the best energy sources 38
- No, but maintain our current offshore oil wells 21
- No, end all offshore oil drilling 13
Should the United States require labeling of genetically engineered foods?
- Yes 247
- No 21
- Yes, and ban all genetically modified foods 57
- Yes, consumers have a right to know what is in their food 148
- Yes, I trust the science of responsible food engineering but I don't trust the motives of the food companies 11
- No, there is broad scientific consensus that GMO foods pose no greater risk over conventional food 8
- No, we have selectively bred crops for thousands of years and labeling GMO foods adds an unfounded stigma to the science 29
Do you support the use of hydraulic fracking to extract oil and natural gas resources?
- Yes 202
- No 51
- Yes, but increase oversight 36
- Yes, but not in heavily populated areas 20
- No, more research is needed to measure the long term effects of fracking 30
- No, we should pursue more sustainable energy sources instead 46
Should National Parks continue to be preserved and protected by the federal government?
- Yes 284
- No 16
- Yes, but allow more public access 88
- Yes, but allow limited logging, drilling, and mining 42
- Yes, and expand the government's domain to protect more land 30
- No, there is no reason for the government to own so much land 52