Deaths - Friday, April 19
Edward L. Colton, 63, of Hogansville, GA, died April 17, 2013. Funeral arrangements will be announced later by Sewell Mortuary Inc., Grantville, GA.
• Robert George Delaney, 78, of Newnan, GA, will be remembered at services Friday, April 19, 2013, 1 p.m. at J.S. Hammond Missionary Baptist Church, Palmetto, GA, with in-state viewing starting at 11:30 a.m. Sellers Smith Funeral Home, Inc., Newnan, GA
• Dorsey Dennis, 59, of Newnan, GA, will be remembered at services Saturday, April 20, 2013, at 11 a.m. in the RWS Memorial Chapel of Sellers Smith Funeral Home Inc., Newnan.
• Christine Sibley Gentry, 85, of the Rocky Mount Community of Meriwether County, died Thursday, April 18, 2013, at Newnan Health and Rehabilitation Center. Funeral services will be 2 p.m., Saturday, April 20 at Bethel Baptist Church in Rocky Mount, with burial in the church cemetery. The family will receive friends 6-8 Friday night at Claude A. McKibben and Sons Funeral Home in Hogansville.
• Mattie Hill, 103, of Senoia, GA, died Monday, April 15, 2013, at Piedmont Newnan Hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and will be announced by Roscoe Jenkins Funeral Home Inc., Newnan, GA.
• Avis Y. McCorkle, 59, of Chattanooga, TN, died Tuesday, April 16, 2013, in a local health care facility. The body will lie in-state Friday, April 19 after 6 p.m. at Taylor Funeral Home, Chattanooga, TN. Funeral service will be Saturday, April 20 at 1 p.m. in the funeral home chapel. Burial will be in Highland Memorial Gardens.
• Katie R. Offutt, 89, of Newnan, GA, died Monday, April 15, 2013, at Avalon Health and Rehabilitation Center. The memorial service will be held Saturday, April 20 at 1 p.m. in the chapel of Roscoe Jenkins Funeral Home in Newnan. There will be no public viewing.