Clock ticking on opening of Piedmont Newnan HospitalBy ALEX McRAE firstname.lastname@example.org
As the clock ticks down toward the May 8 opening at the new Poplar Road campus, Piedmont Newnan Hospital officials will be checking several major milestones off their calendars.
• On April 20, the Piedmont Ambulatory Surgery Center and Piedmont Heartburn Treatment Center located at the former Newnan Hospital Jackson Street campus will close.
• April 26: Piedmont Ambulatory Surgery Center and Piedmont Heartburn Treatment Center scheduled to open at new location - pending state approval.
• May 4: Scheduled outpatient Imaging, Laboratory, Respiratory and pre-Admission Testing begins - pending state approval.
• May 4-8: American Medical Response stationed at Poplar Road to provide assistance (and transport, if needed) if anyone presents to Poplar Road needing care prior to the opening of new facility.
• May 7: Scheduled Surgical & Interventional Services Cases and Direct Admits to Poplar Road begin - pending state approval.
• May 8: Patients from Hospital Road relocated to Poplar Road. Poplar Road Emergency Department opens at 5 a.m. All Services Open at Poplar Road - pending state approval. All Services Closed at Hospital Road.
• May 8-22: American Medical Response stationed at Hospital Road – to provide assistance (and transport, if needed) if anyone presents to Hospital Road needing care after its closure.