Brown's Mill Battlefield opening July 27
A grand opening of the Brown’s Mill Battlefield Historic Site is set for Saturday, July 27 with events from 9 a.m. until dusk.
There will be no general parking at the site for the opening ceremonies, Coweta County officials said. All parking will be at the Coweta County Fairgrounds, 275 Pine Road, with shuttles operating from 9 a.m. until 4:40 p.m. Parking for those using wheelchairs will be available at the historic site after a pass is obtained at the fairgrounds. A pass will have to be presented to security at the battlefield entrance to obtain on-site parking for the opening event. After 5 p.m., site parking will be open to the public.
The Brown’s Mill Battlefield Historic Site on Millard Farmer Road features:
- Battlefield Trails Facility
- .9 miles of slate walking trail
- .4 mile accessible walking trail
- Interpretive signs telling the story of the Battle of Brown’s Mill
Events for the July 27 Grand Opening include:
- 9:45 a.m. Ribbon cutting at the Wheeler Trail
- 10 a.m. Dedication ceremony with Color Guard
- Cannon and rifle salute
- Geo-cache activities for the kids
- Food and music
- Historians will be available to assist with attendees’ enjoyment and understanding of the site.