Georgia Press Association
Newnan Times-Herald wins 9 advertising awards
by Staff Reports
The Newnan Times-Herald won 9 awards in the 2013 Better Newspaper Advertising Contest, announced at the Georgia Press Association’s recent annual Advertising Conference.
The awards were in the division C for smaller daily newspapers in Georgia.
“I am very proud of the hard work and dedication of the newspaper’s advertising consultants and graphic designers who produce award-winning ads for our customers,” said The Newnan Times-Herald Sales and Marketing Director Colleen D. Mitchell.
“I also appreciate the businesses that advertise with us,” she said. “Without them we could not have the opportunity to show our creativity in designing award-winning advertisements, classifieds and specialty publications that produce results.”
FIVE FIRST PLACE awards went to The Newnan Times-Herald in categories including:
• Classified Section or Page
• Home Furnishings and Appliances — For Hollberg’s Fine Furniture.
• Nontraditional — For the special advertising supplement “50 Things to Do This Summer.”
• Full Color — For Christmas at Ashley Park.
• Small-Page Ad — H. J. Wings & Things.
FOUR SECOND PLACE awards to The Newnan Times-Herald included:
• Health Care — For Palmetto Park Assisted Living.
• Miscellaneous — For Main Street Newnan.
• Spot Color — For Frank’s Pasta & Grill.
• Newspaper Promotion Out of Print — For Leap Into Savings.