Newnan DDA completes map design for kiosks
by Celia Shortt
Newnan’s Downtown Development Authority has finished designing the maps for the kiosks in the downtown area and installing them is all that remains to do.
Hasco W. Craver IV made the announcement at the DDA’s monthly meeting on Wednesday. The kiosks include a map and business listing for a large portion of the DDA district.
“The isn’t the whole DDA district … the size did not permit us to go past Veteran’s Park,” said Main Street Manager Courtney Collins at Wednesday’s meeting.
Collins said they focused on the more walkable area of the district.
The hardware for the kiosks has already been installed. All that remains is to finalize the printing and size of the map.
Also at Wednesday’s meeting, the DDA:
• Approved a $3 million advance to carry the Newnan Hospital Redevelopment Project through October. With this $4.9 million be left in available funds.
• Discussed how to manage the facade grant they have available for downtown businesses.
• Mentioned several of its members will be the Georgia Downtown Association’s Conference from Aug. 20-22.
• Announced Georgia Department of Transportation will be researching traffic patterns and speed limits in the downtown area.
• Announced they will be working with University of West Georgia to offer customer service training for downtown service merchants.
• Heard Craver’s reminder that the Sunrise on the Square 5k road race will be on Aug. 30, starting and ending downtown.
• Heard Erik Lauritsen’s design recommendations from the Downtown Renaissance Fellowship Program.