Visitors Invited to Christmas Lights, Displays
For those looking to head out to view Christmas lights and displays, here are a few locations inviting visitors:
• SummerGrove neighborhood in Newnan holds its annual luminarias display Christmas Eve. Homes throughout the neighborhood were lining their walks and drives. Nancy Sanker started the project with friends to honor her sister, Linda McGrenaghan, who died after fighting leukemia 19 years. All proceeds from the luminarias go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This year, Lights for Linda is dedicating its luminarias to Madeline McTier, a 17-year-old East Coweta High School student who passed away in September from complications of a brain tumor.
• A neighborhood Christmas eve luminarias display will also be mounted for the first year in the Oaks of Turin subdivision. The neighborhood is off Highway 154, just south of Georgia Highway 26 East.
• A Senoia man and his son are opening their home to visitors hoping to glimpse the elaborate, holiday-decorated model train set. Frank Ladd and his son Mark have been assembling and adding to the train set since January 2012. The train, an O-scale set, fills an entire room of the Ladd home, visible immediately when walking in the door. The set includes multiple tracks, levels, a front and back section, tiny toy buildings and — for the open house — Christmas decorations. They were opening their home at 780 Carl Williams Road, Senoia, Monday and Tuesday. Ladd planned to have lights and signs on the street leading the way. For those who miss the Christmas display, Ladd said his home is open to anyone by appointment. Call him at 678-378-8644 to set up a time.
Many local homes are lighting up the county this Christmas season. Here are a few to add to the list of stops around Coweta:
• The Hurleys, 140 Hamilton Drive, Newnan.
• The Caswells, 649 Dixon Road, Newnan.
• The Craigs, 2405 Gordon Road, Newnan.
• The Bentons, 155 Hannah Road, Newnan.
• The Coopers, 620 Holbrook Road, Newnan.
• The Pickfords, 1605 Old Highway 85, Senoia.
• The Lamberts, 40 Camelia Circle (Lake Hills)
• The Stewart home along with several neighbors in Acropolis Court, located in the back of the neighborhood off Macedonia Road and Pegasus Trace.
• The Walkers, 6 Patriot Lane, in Avery Park off U.S. Highway 29 North, Newnan.
• The Yarbroughs, 205 Brittain Way, in Timberidge off U.S. 29 in north Coweta.
• Downtown Newnan where the city has lighted trees and buildings.