Be on lookout for federal agent impersonator

by Wes Mayer

The Coweta County Sheriff's Office is asking residents to watch out for a man impersonating a federal agent in the area.

Late Wednesday, residents in the area of Tomahawk Drive in Sharpsburg notified the sheriff's office of a man who came to their home. The man identified himself as Robert Sturgess with the INS (the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service - dissolved in 2003), flashed a 'gold badge,' said he was working on a 'top secret case,' and asked to enter the home.

The man said he was looking for the complainant's juvenile son and knew him by name. He referred to his case as being about citizenship and human trafficking. The complainant was able to safely get the man out of the home, and the son managed to take a photograph of him.

He was last seen driving a silver vehicle that looked like a Pontiac Grand Prix, was wearing a suit and sunglasses, and had a gold badge.

If you have any information, contact the sheriff's office at 770-253-1502.



More Local

Altered EC photo sent to Chive website

This week an altered picture of East Coweta High School’s Internet homepage was posted to the international website The Chive. The alt ... Read More


Taste of Newnan to return Oct. 2

Main Street Newnan’s Taste of Newnan returns for its fall portion Thursday, Oct. 2 on the Court Square downtown. There will be tables ... Read More


CCMSAL Volleyball

Lee Middle will play in final game of tourney

The Coweta County School System finished its investigation into the allegations surrounding the Coweta County Middle School Athletic League ... Read More


Articulation Agreement

WGTC, LaGrange College sign on dotted line

West Georgia Technical College and LaGrange College have signed an articulation agreement for both institutions’ nursing programs. The ... Read More


Grantville candidate event 6 p.m. tonight

Grantville residents will have a chance to meet the candidates for mayor and city council at an event tonight. Also, on Oct. 9, the Newnan-C ... Read More

Hotel resident injured in grease fire

A woman’s hands were burned Wednesday morning after a grease fire started in her hotel room, but the room’s sprinkler system ext ... Read More