Blalock Lakes hearings on Coweta Commission agendaBy SARAH FAY CAMPBELL
Two public hearings regarding the Blalock Lakes development are on the agenda for Tuesday’s meeting of the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. and will be held in the commission chambers on Perry Street, above the tax assessor’s office.
The original rezoning was in February 2006.
The developers are requesting to remove 131.6 acres from the community unit plan. That tract will be rezoned to the county’s “rural conservation” zoning so that it can be sold. The request will also change some conditions placed upon the original rezoning. Those changes include amending the total acreage to take into account the removal of the 131 acres, removing the conditions for access on Smokey Road because the 131 acres has the frontage on Smokey Road, and changing the requirement for 50 percent greenspace to a set acreage.
The planning department is recommending approval of all the requests.
Other items to come before the board include:
• Execution of a contract with Man Your Stations, the company that staffs the county’s garbage and recycling stations.
• A resolution on elected officials’ salary supplements.
• A request to re-designate Census Tract 1703.02 as “less developed” under the Georgia Job Tax Credit Regulation.
• Requests to surplus and sell property.
• Approval of a contract with OverDrive for digital library reserve e-books.
• A presentation to Jay Jones for his becoming a Professional Georgia Certified Emergency Manager.