Work set to begin at new Corinth Road Middle School siteBy REBECCA LEFTWICH
Preliminary site work for Corinth Road Middle School, set to open in 2014, is about to begin.
Sale of timber set to be cleared from the site is on the Coweta County Board of Education’s July 10 meeting agenda.
Board members also are expected to approve J&R Construction Company as the Construction Management at Risk (CMR) firm for construction of the school.
“Of course it’s early in the process,” Barker said. “We’re just getting the preliminaries ready. But we’re expecting the school to be online and ready to open in a couple of years.”
Board members also will meet at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday – prior to the board’s regular monthly meeting at 6:30 – to discuss policy.
“It’s our annual policy review where we look at policies in general for any changes that came about with the legislative session or anything that changed in state board rule,” said Barker, who says he anticipates only “minor changes to a handful of policies” during the session.
The meetings, both open to the public, will be held at the Coweta County Board of Education offices at 237 Jackson Street in Newnan.
Other items on the board’s regular meeting agenda include:
• Formalization of Coweta County School System’s (CCSS) annual dual enrollment agreement with West Georgia Technical College.
• Renewal of service contract between the board and the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service.
• Renewal of agreement with Coweta County and CCSS for a new lease with Community Action for Improvement (CAFI) to ensure a grant for additions to East Newnan School, which houses the Head Start program.
• Approval of state application for renovations at East Coweta High School.
• Approval of PMA Management as CCSS third-party administrator for Workers’ Compensation.