County business license functions moving to financeBy Sarah Fay Campbell
Coweta County’s Business License Department will become part of the Finance Department, and Code Enforcement will become part of the Building Department, if the recommended changes are approved tonight by the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The Commissioners meet tonight at 6 p.m. in the county commission chambers on Perry Street. Commission meetings are typically held the first and third Tuesday of the month; this week’s meeting was moved to Thursday.
Other items to come before the board include:
• A bid award for intersection improvements at Macedonia Road and Ga. Hwy. 16 West.
• A resolution to adopt policy guidelines for county employees who supervise community service workers.
• Acceptance of a deed conveying the property located at 1056 Rolling Hills Lane to Coweta County.
• A request to approve the name of the entrance road to the under-construction West Georgia Technical College and to accept the roadway into the county’s system.
The proposed name of the road is Orchard Hills Parkway.
• A request to add improvements to Nixon, Glen Winkles, and Couch Roads to the county’s priority list.