Food & Dining
Dine Out For Kids event today
Communities in Schools of Coweta is partnering with several area restaurants today for a benefit to help Coweta students achieve success in life.
Diners can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of the participating eateries today and benefit Communities in Schools of Coweta – which is working to support local students in danger of dropping out of high school.
It’s a big job. And an important one.
Studies show that one out of three public high school students won’t graduate. Others will graduate late. CIS of Coweta is working hard to reverse that trend in Coweta County and make a difference in these students’ lives.
Dine Out For Kids provides an opportunity for restaurateurs and sponsors to support local CIS programs by donating to CIS of Coweta a portion of the profits from breakfast, lunch and/or dinner served during today’s event.
“Please join us in participating in this worthwhile event,” said Gina Weathersby, who leads the Communities in Schools of Coweta program.
Restaurants participating in this year’s Dine Out For Kids event include:
• Brickhouse Grille and Tavern, 3150 Highway 34 East, Suite 302, Newnan;
• Canongate Golf Club, 924 Shaw Road, Sharpsburg;
• Canongate on White Oak Golf Club, 141 Clubview Drive, Newnan;
• Chick-fil-A Dwarf House, Highway 34 E, Newnan;
• Fabiano’s Pizzeria, 19 West Court Square, Newnan;
• Foundry, 80 Newnan Station Drive, Newnan;
• Mama Lucia’s, 236 Newnan Crossing Bypass, Newnan;
• Matt’s Small Town Pizza, 53 Main Street, Senoia;
• Meat ‘N’ Greet, 11 Jefferson Street, Newnan;
• Newnan Country Club, 1356 Highway 29 North, Newnan;
• Redneck Gourmet, N. Court Square, Newnan.
Donated funds will allow CIS to continue to provide after-school, youth leadership, literacy, parent education and other pertinent programs in Coweta County.