NTC offers KidsCamp and Workshop 2014
(Editor’s note: This is one of a variety of camps and workshops this summer to get kids out and moving.)
Summer at Newnan Theatre Company is the place for dramatic fun, learning and activity for elementary and middle school students – and sessions got under way this week.
Working theatre professionals, teachers, and college theatre majors are providing a variety of theatrical experiences: designing and building sets, writing skits, creating characters, and producing shows.
Five-day weekly KidsCamp lessons for kindergarten students through fifth graders started on June 2 and run through July 18. Half-day (9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) sessions are available for just $150 per child, and full-day (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) sessions for $250 per child ($25 discount for siblings).
Each week’s KidsCamp class will work toward producing a show based on a theme:
• Week One: June 2-6 – LegoMania
• Week Two: June 9-13 – Princesses, Knights and Dragons
• Week Three: June 16-20 – Superheros
• Week Four: June 23-27 – Most Wanted Puppets
• Week Five: July 7-11 – Night at the Museum
• Week Six: July 14-18 – Pirates and Mermaids
Workshop 2014 is for middle school students (those entering 6th through 8th grade). Three weeks of workshops take drama camp to the next level. Sessions run from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. The cost is $150 per child with a $25 discount for siblings, including those attending KidsCamp. Costumes, props, make-up and T-shirts are provided. Each Friday there will be a demonstration for family and friends.
The workshops include:
• Workshop One: June 9-13 – Villains (with emphasis on character development).
• Workshop Two: June 23-27 – Hunger Games (with emphasis on stage combat).
• Workshop Three: July 14-18 – Zombies (with emphasis on stage makeup).
For more information – and to register for KidsCamp or Workshop 2014 – visit www.newnantheatre.org , email email@example.com or call 770-683-6282.