Weekender: See & Do
• “Every Christmas Story Ever Told - And Then Some!” by Michael Carleton, James FitzGerald, and John K. Alvarez, with original music by Will Knapp, plays in the Newnan Theatre Company Black Box through Sunday, Dec. 22. In the play, three actors decide to perform every Christmas story ever told — plus Christmas traditions from around the world, seasonal icons from ancient times to topical pop-culture, and every carol ever sung. It is a madcap romp through the holiday season. Remaining performances are Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. For tickets go to newnantheatre.org .
• Southern Ground Social Club in Senoia presents Bible-belt booze hounds, The Six Shot Revival on Friday, Dec. 20. On Saturday, Dec. 21, Shawn Spencer from Seven Handle Circus and Garrett Wren from The Whiskey Gentry share the stage to collaborate as a rock duo. Both shows are $5 (cover charge), 21-and-up. Doors open at 8 p.m., shows start at 9. For details about shows at the Zac Brown-owned venue call 770-727-9072. SGSC is located at 18 Main St. in Senoia.
• The Alamo is hosting an ugly sweater party with music from the Corbitt Brothers Band on Friday, Dec. 20 starting at midnight, 21-and-up. On Saturday, Dec. 21, Newnan’s The Barlettas take the stage at 9:30. For more information, call 770-683-2526. The Alamo is located at 19 W. Court Sq. in Newnan.
• Pickin’ on the Square — Main Street Newnan hosts Pickin' on the Square on the first and third Saturday of every month at 11 a.m. on the Court Square. Musicians are invited to come down and play. All music genres and skill levels are welcome as long as it’s acoustic.
• Rebel Reelers Square Dance Club — Dances 8-10 p.m. first and third Fridays at Coweta Recreation Department on Hospital Road, Newnan. Meets in Johnny Brown Building. Square dancing and round dancing, along with finger foods. Club offers lessons. Details: Darline Barge, Pres., 770-617-1211; firstname.lastname@example.org.