Weekender: See & Do
• University of West Georgia Theatre Department continues its production of “Eurydice” through Nov. 23. The play, directed by Shelly Elman, is a surrealist journey through the old Greek myth of Eurydice, who dies on her wedding night and reconnects with her father in the underworld. Tickets are $10 for adults, $7 for seniors. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. UWG students have free admission with a valid student I.D. Details: 678-839-4722 or visit www.westga.edu/~theatre.
• Southern Ground Social Club in Senoia presents International Music and Entertainment Awards Country Male Vocalist of the Year Jeremiah Wheeler on Friday, Nov. 22. On Saturday Nov. 23 is world renowned violinist Bobby Yang and His Unrivaled Players, with DJ MISTI joining for a late night dance party. Both shows are $5 (cover charge), 21-and-up. Doors open at 8 p.m., shows start at 9. For details about shows at the Zac Brown-owned venue call 770-727-9072.
• Barnes & Noble book signing with Kim Carter is Nov. 22 from 6-8 p.m. Carter’s book, “Deadly Odds,” was released Oct. 25 and had a signing the 26th. Barnes & Noble at Ashley Park in Newnan invites her back for a second signing of her suspense thriller. Details: Carter at 770-964-6997 or Barnes & Noble in Newnan at 770-304-2214.
• A pancake breakfast will be held Nov. 30 from 7 until 11:30 a.m. at Asa Powell Expo Center in Newnan by Newnan Optimist Club. Benefits the Fragile Kids Foundation and is $6 per person for all-you-can-eat pancakes, beverage, bacon or sausage, and eggs. Also enjoy games, vendors and two Christmas clowns to take pictures with families. Plates are available to go. Businesses can order eight or more plates, and they will be delivered free of charge. Details: Jennifer Nolder 770-951-6396.
• Christmas Tree Sale — Newnan Optimist Club will also be selling Christmas trees at the Powell Expo Center starting Friday, Nov. 29, from 9 a.m. until 7p.m starting at $35. For more information, Jennifer Nolder 770-951-6396.
• Carroll County Community Theatre presents the holiday comedy “A Christmas Story” by Jean Shepherd at Carrollton Cultural Arts Center Dec. 5-8. Showtimes are Dec. 5-7 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 8 at 2 p.m. Call Arts Center at 770-838-1083 for information or to purchase tickets by phone. Tickets are $10. Santa Claus will be in the lobby prior to each show.
• Carroll County Community Chorus presents a holiday concert series “Christmas in Carroll County” Dec. 13-14. Jack Gantt conductor. Friday, Dec. 13 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 14 at 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. in the Carrollton Cultural Arts Center’s Danny Mabry Theatre. Celebrate the Christmas season with fun songs like “Fruitcake,” “Sleigh Ride,” and “White Christmas” and the glorious: “Go Tell.” “The Prayer,” and “O Holy Night.” Tickets $10. The chorus is accompanied by Jan Adams and a live orchestra coordinated by Glenn Eernisse. Call 770-838-1083 for details or tickets.
• Pickin’ on the Square — Main Street Newnan hosts Pickin' on the Square on the first and third Saturday of every month at 11 a.m. on the Court Square. Musicians are invited to come down and play. All music genres and skill levels are welcome as long as it’s acoustic.
• Rebel Reelers Square Dance Club — Dances 8-10p.m. first and third Fridays at Coweta Recreation Department on Hospital Road, Newnan. Meets in Johnny Brown Building. Square dancing and round dancing, along with finger foods. Club offers lessons. Details: Darline Barge, Pres., 770-617-1211; email@example.com.