Weekender: See & Do
• Southern Ground Social Club in Senoia presents Nashville supergroup Clay Evans & Friends Nov. 1. On Nov. 2, Atlanta country/rock jam band Reluctant Saints debuts at SGSC. Both shows are $5 (cover charge), 21-and-up. Shows start at 9 p.m. For details about shows at the Zac Brown-owned venue call 770-727-9072.
• Martial Arts Safety Day — Championship Martial Arts will offer Safety Day with the Coweta Sheriff’s Office and Fire Department to raise awareness about strangers. On Nov. 2, department representatives will be on hand to provide safety tips and educational materials. Two self-defense classes will be given by Championship’s staff members. The event is from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and is free and open to the public. Championship Martial Arts is located at 19 Millard Farmer Inds. Blvd. For more info, call 770-253-5959.
• 34th annual Old South Marching Festival is Saturday, Nov. 2, at Drake Stadium, on the Newnan High campus, 190 LaGrange St. The day-long event is hosted by the NHS Marching Band and Band Boosters. Performances begin shortly after noon. Bands will showcase their talent for a panel of distinguished judges. Vendors with food concessions, band gear, hats, t-shirts and other items will be available. NHS band performs in exhibition just after 8 p.m. Admission is $7.
• 45th annual Christmas Artist Market by Newnan-Coweta Art Association is Nov. 1-3, at Coweta County Fairgrounds on Pine Road. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Free admission and parking. See fine art, crafts, gift items and enjoy refreshments. Details: www.newcaa.com
• “Pinocchio” continues at Southside Theatre Guild. Pinocchio is a fresh and exciting retelling of the beloved tale. Join Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket and all the puppets on a wild adventure. Southside Theatre Guild is on 20 West Campbellton Street in Fairburn. “Pinocchio” runs weekends through Nov. 17. Tickets are $14 (in advance) for first weekend, $16 all other weekends and $8 for kids under 12. For tickets and more info, go to stgplays.com or call 770-969-0956.
• Pickin’ on the Square — Main Street Newnan hosts Pickin' on the Square on the first and third Saturday of every month at 11 a.m. on the Court Square. Musicians are invited to come down and play. All music genres and skill levels are welcome as long as it’s acoustic.
• Rebel Reelers Square Dance Club — Dances 8-10p.m. first and third Fridays at Coweta Recreation Department on Hospital Road, Newnan. Meets in Johnny Brown Building. Square dancing and round dancing, along with finger foods. Club offers lessons. Details: Darline Barge, Pres., 770-617-1211; firstname.lastname@example.org.