Arts & Entertainment Briefs
• All Shook Up - Southside Theatre Guild is presenting its second run of “All Shook Up,” a musical featuring the songs of Elvis Presley and is loosely based on Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night.” “All Shook Up” tells of a small-town girl with big dreams who’s stuck in the middle of the state in a square decade, and the motorcycle stud she falls for. Southside Theatre Guild is located at 20 W. Campbellton St. in Fairburn. Showings of “All Shook Up” this weekend will be July 19, 20, 21. The production wraps up July 26-28. For ticket information and showtimes, call 770-969-0956 or go to www.stgplays.com.
• One for the Money - The Carnegie is presenting From Books to Box Office today at 2 p.m. Based on the Janet Evanovich novel, “One for the Money” is a 2012 Katherine Heigl comedy about an out-of-work Jersey girl who gets a job at a bail bonding company recovering bail-jumpers. The Carnegie is located at 1 LaGrange St. in downtown Newnan. For reservations and more information, call 770-683-1347 or go to www.newnancarnegie.com.
• Newnan Unplugged - Ten East Washington will host its third installment of Newnan Unplugged on Aug. 2. The lineup will include Paige McCauley, Mark Lyle, George Britt, Hope Sonam, Patrick Thompson, and Nathan Sennett. The all-acoustic sets will consist entirely of original music. Newnan Unplugged will take place 8-10 p.m. and there is no cover charge. Ten East Washington is aptly located at 10 E. Washington St. in downtown Newnan. They can be reached at 770-502-9100. Visit Newnan Unplugged’s Facebook page for more information.
• Tarzan at Legacy - The Legacy Theatre opened “Tarzan” last weekend and will be in production until Aug 4. Based on the hit Disney movie of the same name, as well as a series of books by Edgar Rice Burroughs, The Legacy will bring to life the story of a jungle boy raised by gorillas who finally encounters man and comes to grips with his identity. The Legacy Theatre is located at 1175 Senoia Road in Tyrone. For tickets and showtimes, call 404-895-1473 or go to www.thelegacytheatre.org.
• The Velveteen Rabbit - Serenbe Playhouse is continuing its production of “The Velveteen Rabbit” sponsored by Fern’s Market. The play opened June 7 and will run until July 27 at The Grange Creek. For ticket and showtime information call 770-463-1110 or go to www.serenbeplayhouse.com.
• Rebel Reelers Square Dance Club - Dances 8-10 p.m. first and third Fridays at Coweta Recreation Department, Hospital Road, Newnan. Meets in Johnny Brown Building. Square dancing and round dancing, along with finger foods. Club offers lessons. Details: Darline Barge, Pres., 770-617-1211; email@example.com.
• Carnegie Workshop - Georgia Museum of Art presents “Furry, Fluffy, Felt Fun,” a Just My Imagination workshop at Newnan Carnegie Library 10 a.m. on July 20. Program is free and recommended for families with children ages 6 to 14. Two-hour workshop introduces felting by offering participants the opportunity to learn the basic steps to making authentic felt. Athens artist and teacher Toni Carlucci will demonstrate the process of felt-making, where participants use sheep’s fleece to create their own felt projects. Call 770-683-1347 for reservations. Just My Imagination workshops are organized and sponsored by the Georgia Museum of Art and are co-sponsored by the Turner Family Foundation.
• West Georgia Idol - The Hogansville Amphitheater is continuing its annual competitive singing fundraiser. The second leg of the competition will be July 20 while the final event will conclude on July 27. Registration for contestants is closed but audiences are encouraged to attend. Charge for admission is $5. Winning contestant will receive $1,000, second place will earn $500, and the People’s Choice winner will also receive $500. For more information, go to www.westgeorgiaidol.com.