Prep Football: This week's picksBy THE NEWNAN TIMES-HERALD SPORTS STAFF
Listed below are our predictions for tonight's six games involving Coweta County prep football teams.
Tonight’s Games – All kickoffs at 7:30 p.m.
• LaGrange (0-0) at Newnan (1-0): Despite all of the early success, the Cougars still have to be wary of a much improved Grangers lineup. This could be another in a series of nailbiters during the 2012 season. COUGARS 28, GRANGERS 17.
• Henry County (0-0) at East Coweta (0-0): With so many new faces in the lineup, getting off to a quick start may be crucial for the Indians against a quality Class AAA opponent. Expect a sputter or two early, but East Coweta to earn a sloppy, yet satisfying win. INDIANS 21, WARHAWKS 12.
• Northgate (0-0) at Heritage-Conyers (0-0): Two state playoff teams last year in Class AAAA, both running the wing-T offense spells a lightning-fast pace for tonight. The Vikings’ veteran defense could provide the slimmest of differences. VIKINGS 21, PATRIOTS 20.
• Flint River Academy (1-0) at The Heritage School (0-0): This is not the same Flint River team that succumbed to the Hawks for the first time in three meetings between the former region rivals. Without quarterback Joe Bonner, it’ll be a tougher go for Heritage. But expect replacement Brad Macke to get enough help to squeak by. HAWKS 27, WILDCATS 22.
• John Milledge (1-0) at Trinity Christian (0-0): Win or lose, tonight is a statement game for the Lions, who would like nothing better than to forget last year’s debut in the GISA. Trinity has the talent and resources to do it. But the team still might have to wait an extra week to see it pay bigger dividends. TROJANS 35, LIONS 24.
• Heritage Christian (0-1) at Harvester Christian (0-1): The Crusaders were forced into playing a more formidable opponent at the 11th hour last week when LaFayette Christian backed out of its opener. Expect Harvester to be the recipient of those frustrations tonight behind junior fullback J.D. Farlow and company. CRUSADERS 56, HAWKS 12.