Church Activities for week of April 27
by Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related events, fundraisers, speaking engagements and meetings in the Coweta County area this week.
MUSIC / DRAMA
• Youth Explosion, Mt. Vernon First Baptist Church, today, 5 p.m. Choirs, soloists, praise dancers. Refreshments.
• FR8 Train, Friendship Baptist Church, Peachtree Street, today, 5 p.m. Free.
• Bill Killmeier, “Hymns my Mother Taught Me,” Paris in a Tea Cup/Collector’s Corner, Sharpsburg, today, 6:30 p.m. Information/ reservations, 770-254-0101.
• Marcia Henry, Line Creek Baptist Church, Sunday, 6 p.m.
• Taizé Service, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Sunday, 6:30 p.m.
• “The Screwtape Letters,” Alliance Theatre/Woodruff Arts Center, Atlanta, June 7, 8 p.m. June 8, 4/8 p.m. June 9, 3 p.m.
• Adopt Joy Fundraiser, White Oak First Baptist Church, today, 9 a.m. Auctions, crafts, bounce house, bake sale, yard sale, hamburgers.
• Spring Bargainata, Hilderbrand Court Shopping Center, Atlanta, Monday, 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Sponsor: National Council of Jewish Women, Atlanta Section.
• Red Shield Run/Walk – 5K, Coweta County Fairgrounds, May 4, 7 a.m. Registration, $35, at Salvation Army, 670 Jefferson St. Newnan.
• Spring Fling, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, May 4, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Food, give always, vendors, children’s activities.
• Krispy Kreme Doughnut Sale, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, through May 5. Original, $7 dozen. Kreme-filled, $8 dozen. Delivery, May 19. Sponsor: children’s department.
• L.M. Spear, 143rd Church Anniversary, China Grove Missionary Baptist Church, Turin, Sunday, 10 a.m./3 p.m.
• Ryan Lee, Pastoral Anniversary for Rodney Blackmon, Victory Bible Ministries, Sharpsburg, Sunday, 10:30 a.m.
• Tawana Johnson, Youth Day, Mt. Vernon First Baptist Church, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Ada Long, 115th Church Anniversary, Zion Hill Baptist Church, Pinson Street, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• D’ Andre Green, Pastoral Anniversary for Rodney Blackmon, Victory Bible Ministries, Sharpsburg, Sunday, 2:30 p.m.
• Scott Klusendorf, National Day of Prayer/Community Prayer Breakfast, fellowship hall, First Baptist Church, Newnan, Thursday, 7:30-8:30 a.m. Sponsor: Newnan Kiwanis Club.
• Baptism of Grant Jackson, Newnan Presbyterian Church, Sunday, 8:30 a.m.
• National Day of Prayer, Greenville Street Park, Thursday, noon.
• National Day of Prayer, gazebo, Main Street, Senoia, Thursday, noon.
• National Day of Prayer, flagpole, Glanton Municipal Complex, Thursday, noon.
• School uniform collection for Unity Elementary. Red/white/blue golf shirts. Khaki/navypants. Underclothes/socks. Also copy paper/dry era markers. Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak. Information, 770-254-8657.
The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.