Church Activities in CowetaFrom Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related events, services and meetings throughout Coweta County this upcoming week.
• Inspirations, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Sunday, 10:55 a.m.
• Emmaus Road Quartet/In His Steps, Old Veal School, Roopville, Dec. 8, 7 p.m. Following 6 p.m. Christmas dinner.
• Chanukah Bazaar, Congregation Gesher L’Torah, Alpharetta, Sunday, 9 a.m.-noon. Jeans, scarfs, jewelry, purses, toys, Judaica, chocolates. Raffle prizes.
• Glow Light Your World, walk fundraiser, Belk, Ashley Park, Sunday, 6 p.m. Advance registration – $15/$25 – www.active.com/not-specified/newnan-ga/glow-light-your-world-2012 . Registration at door, $20/$30. Proceeds to Bridging the Gap.
• Children’s Chair-ity Event, Dolce, Peachtree City, Thursday, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Food, refreshments, music, Santa’s Workshop Silent Auction. Tickets, $20 – www.christiancity.org or 770-703-2636.
• Holiday Event, Salvation Army, Friday, 4-7 p.m. Santa Claus pictures, $10. Coffee/refreshments.
• Yard sale, 2728 McCollum- Sharpsburg Rd., Dec. 8, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Benefits Honduras Education Fund of First United Methodist Church.
• Christopher Todd, Family/Friends Day, White Plains United Methodist Church, St. Marks, Sunday, 2:30 p.m.
• Wilton Gregory, keynote, “Migration Policy and Advocacy in 2013 and Beyond: New Challenges and New Opportunities,” Sheraton Gateway Hotel, College Park, Monday, 6:45 p.m.
• Jeanne Butterfield/Tanya Broder/Frank Mulcahy/Karen Lucas, panel, “Migration Policy and Advocacy in 2013 and Beyond: New Challenges and New Opportunities,” Sheraton Gateway Hotel, College Park, Tuesday, 8:30 a.m.
• Michael Hill/Frank Sharry/Ana Navarro/Kevin Applebys, panel, “Migration Policy and Advocacy in 2013 and Beyond: New Challenges and New Opportunities,” Sheraton Gateway Hotel, College Park, Tuesday, 10 a.m.
• Kenneth H. Thomas Jr., Coweta County Genealogical Society Christmas dinner, Youth Building, Unity Baptist Church, Dec. 8, 1 p.m. Dinner – 11:30 a.m. Reservations, $20 each, by Wednesday, 678-521-2974.
• Ashlyn Strozier, Women Day, Rocky Mt. Bethel Baptist Church, Luthersville, Dec. 9, 11:30 a.m.
• Mass, “Migration Policy and Advocacy in 2013 and Beyond: New Challenges and New Opportunities,” Sheraton Gateway Hotel, College Park, Monday, 6:45 p.m. 4 p.m.
• Job Network Meeting/Christmas Dinner, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Dec. 11, 6 p.m. Covered dish. Bread/meat provided.
• Healing Service, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Dec. 12, 7 p.m.
• Coat/Blanket Drive, Perpetual Community Resource Centre, through Monday. Information, 678-634-6232 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Red Cross Blood Drive, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Wednesday, 1-6 p.m.
• Items sought for First United Methodist Church yard sale, Dec. 8. To benefit Honduras Education Fund. No clothes/mattresses/ heavy old televisions. Donations, Kathy Wilson – 770-583-2062 or kathyLwilson226@gmail.com .
• Square Foot Ministry, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 770-253-1403. Provides home repairs for those who, because of financial or health reasons, cannot do the work.
• Open House, All God’s Children Preschool, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Sunday, 2-4 p.m.
Deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.