Church Activities in CowetaFrom Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related meetings, services and events in Coweta County.
• Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, Oct. 14, 10:30 a.m. Searcy Jackson, preaching.
• 175th Anniversary, Greenville Baptist Church, Oct. 14, 1:30 a.m.
• 28th West Georgia Camp Meeting, Westside Baptist Church, Monday-Friday, 7 p.m. Preachers – Udell Addison/Doug Bearden/Ricky Bice/Ken Bowman/Bruce Freeman. Music – Phil Cross and Poets Voices/Davison Family/Higher Hope/Westside Camp Meeting Choir.
• Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, Oct. 15-17, 7 p.m. Evangelists – Oct. 15, Dr. Jimmy Patterson; Oct. 16, Dr. Scott Hannah; Oct. 17, Danny Garrett.
• Let Your Light Shine, interfaith gathering of musicians/instrumentalists, Peachtree City Seventh-Day Adventist Church, today, 6 p.m.
• Cristobal Avila/Christopher Sanchez, World Communion Sunday, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Ugandan Thunder, Crossroads Church, Highway 16, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.
• Couples Western Ballroom Dance/Western Dance Lesson, LaFayette Christian School Gym, LaGrange, Friday. Beginner Western Two Step lesson, 7 p.m. Dance, 8 p.m. with Barn Dance lesson and a Cotton Eyed Joe lesson. Visitor couples welcome, $20 per couple. Dress: Western casual. Information, 706-884-5857.
• “Birth,” play by Karen Brody, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta, Oct. 13, 1/7 p.m. Tickets – $12-$15, www.birthatlanta.com .
• South Georgia Quartet/Spiritual Voices, Old Veal School, Roopville, Oct. 13, 7 p.m. Love offering. Hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, homebaked goodies.
• “Make a Joyful Noise,” Griffin Choral Arts concert, Second Baptist Church, Griffin, Oct. 18, 7:30 p.m. Features Griffin High Honor Chorus. Tickets – $10 at door.
• Encounter 2012, youth event, gymnasium, Newnan High School, Oct. 20, 7-10 p.m. FR8Train/Double Wide Revival. Free. Sponsor: 1 Life Community Church.
• Masterworks Chorale,/Truett-McConnell College Choir/First Baptist Newnan Sanctuary Choir and Orchestra, Mendelssohn’s “Elijah,” Centre for the Performing and Visual Arts, Oct. 20, 7 p.m. Free tickets – Centre or First Baptist. Donations for Masterworks Chorale Vocal Scholarship/Coweta Pregnancy Services.
• Community Gospel Extravaganza, parking lot, Sellers-Smith Funeral Home, today. Fish fry, bake sale, car wash, yard sale, gospel music.
• Barbecue, St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church, today, noon-7 p.m. Plates,$8 -- barbecued pork/brunswick stew/slaw/chips/pickle.Delivery/information, Smittybbqsauce@yahoo.com or 678-326-2758. Sponsor: Knights of Columbus Council 12862.
• Fall Barbecue, White Oak Presbyterian Church, today, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Barbecue plates/quarts of brunswick stew/pounds of barbecue, $8 each. Proceeds to foreign/local missions.
• Chicken-Q/Bake Sale/Fair, Sharpsburg Baptist Church, Oct. 13. Chicken-Q tickets, $8, church office, 770-251-6963 or email@example.com. Food served 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. to ticket holders. Walk-ups until 2 p.m./while food lasts. Spaces available for a $15 donation to sell crafts, gently used clothing and other goods, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Greek Pastry Sale. Spanakopita/tiropita/baklava/kourambiedes/koulouria/melamakarona. Information/orders – www.saintchristopherhoc.org or Helen, 770-486-6580. Orders by Nov. 2 for pickup Nov. 16-17. Sponsor: Philoptochos/St. Christopher Hellenic Orthodox Church.
• Tickets for Belk Charity Day, Nov. 3, 6-10 a.m., $5. Proceeds to building fund of Allen-Lee United Methodist Church/Moreland Cultural Arts Alliance. Tickets sent by return mail. Checks to Allen-Lee UMC, c/o Skinner, 60 Temple Ave., Newnan, GA 30263.
• Chick-fil-A Backpack Raffle, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road. Tickets — $1 each. Proceeds to children’s department. Drawing, Nov. 14. Information – Tom/Jeannie Smrcina, 770-573-4366 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
• John Weber, stewardship speaker, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Sunday, 8:30/11 a.m.
• Andy Brown, Unity Baptist Church, Sunday, 10:45 a.m.
• Stafford Dudley, 126th Anniversary, Mt. Sinai Baptist Church, Lovelace Street, Sunday, 11 a.m. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Melanie Stanley-Soulen/Ruth Cuellar, World Communion Sunday, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Chris Wimberly, Deacon’s Day, Summer Hill Baptist Church, Sunday, 2 p.m.
• Jerry Black, 126th Anniversary, Mt. Sinai Baptist Church, Lovelace Street, Sunday, 3 p.m.
• Tarus Kabarius of NCR, Job Network Ministry, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Tuesday, 6 p.m.
• Cathy Lee Phillips, Breast Cancer Awareness Month Luncheon, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, Oct. 13, 11:30 a.m. Reservations required, 770-304-9397.
• John Clauson, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Oct. 14, 8:30/11 a.m.
• Dr. Melvin D. Brittian Jr., 131st Church Anniversary, Providence Baptist Church, Summers-McKoy Road, Oct. 14, 11 a.m.
• Milton Goggins, Church Anniversary, Neriah Baptist Church, Senoia, Oct. 14, 2:30 p.m. Dinner 1-2:30 p.m.
• Walter Shurden/Gary Simson, “Conversation on the Role of Religion and Politics: What We Have Learned from the Past,” Temple Emanu-El in Atlanta, Oct. 15, 7-9 p.m. Sponsors: Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Georgia/American Jewish Committee. Registration – $10/$5 for students – www.ajcatlanta.org .
• World Communion Sunday, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Sunday, 8:30/10:55 a.m.
• Blessing of the Animals, St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church, Sunday, 10 a.m.
• Camp Meeting Service, pavilion, Newnan Utilities Cabin/Pavilion, Sunday, 10:30 a.m. Sponsor: First United Methodist Church/Newnan. Covered dish meal to follow. Cookbooks, $15, available at lunch.
• Blessing of the Animals, parking lot, Andrews Chapel United Methodist Church, Sunday, 3 p.m.
• Western Baptist Association’s Fall Meeting, Macedonia Baptist Church, Tuesday, 6 p.m. Coffee/cake fellowship, 5:15 p.m. Preachers – Joel Dover/????Jay Vinyard.
• Senior Adult Lutherans Together, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.
• Alvaton-Carmel School Reunion, fellowship hall, Carmel United Methodist Church, Alvaton, Oct. 13, 2 p.m. Plates, $11. RSVP by Thursday – Patricia Rowe Cook, 706-538-1361/Mary Alice Caldwell, 706-538-6863.
• Religion in America, Sunday Forum, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Oct. 14, 9:15 a.m. Bishop Frank K. Allan, leader.
• Medicaid/Waivers for Developmental Disabilities Workshop, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, Oct. 15, 7-8:30 p.m. Free. Reservations/information – Georgia, 678-378-8974 or email@example.com . Sponsor: Coweta Navigator Team.
• Free Meal, Perpetual Community Resource Centre, 12 Savannah St., Oct. 13, 4-6 p.m. until food is gone.
• Support groups, Crossroads Church, Tuesdays, 7 p.m. Confident Kids,Student Care, Chemical Dependency,Adult Family and Friends of Addicts, Anger Management – men and women separately, Chronic Pain, Depression – women, Divorce Care, First Place Weight Loss, Survivors of Sexual Abuse, Men’s Sexual Addiction, Wives of Sex Addicts, Single Mom’s Group. Information, 678-854-9300.
• Single Life, Orchard Hills Church, Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m.
• Soft drink can tab collection for ???Ronald McDonald House, Resurrection Lutheran Church.
• Free Market Day, Mt. Pilgrim Lutheran Church, Haralson, today, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Everything free.
• Simchas Torah, 219 Kelvington Way, Peachtree City, Monday, 7:30 p.m. Sponsor: Chabad of Peachtree City.
• Fifth Quarter Bonfire, Hopewell United Methodist Church, Tyrone, Friday, following Sandy Creek High School Homecoming. Music with DJ Kevin Stallings, games, prizes, marshmallow roasting, snacks.