Church Activities in CowetaFrom Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related services, meetings and events in Coweta County.
• Mt Pilgrim Lutheran Church, Sunday, 11 a.m. Doug Landers, preaching. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Sunnyside Baptist Church, Oct. 7, 10:45 a.m. O.C. Collins, preaching. Choir singing. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Fall Revival, New Heights Baptist Church, Monday-Wednesday, 7 p.m. Kenneth Kuykendall, evangelist.
• Fall Revival, First Baptist Church, Moreland, Sunday, 8:30 a.m./11 a.m./6 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. Daryel O’Barr, evangelist.
• West Georgia Camp Meeting, Westside Baptist Church, Oct. 8-12, 7 p.m. Preachers – Udell Addison/Doug Bearden/Ricky Bice/Ken Bowman/Bruce Freeman. Music – Phil Cross and Poets Voices/Davison Family/Higher Hope/Westside Camp Meeting Choir.
• “Courageous,” film, New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, 4036 Corinth Rd., today, 6 p.m. Free. Food.
• Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church Praise Dancers, Mt. Sinai Baptist Church, Lovelace Street, Sunday, 10 a.m.
• Second Coming, New Heights Baptist Church, Sunday, 10:30 a.m.
• Carpenter Family, Rock Springs Baptist Church, Sharpsburg, Sunday, 6 p.m.
• Ugandan Thunder, Crossroads Church, Highway 16, Oct. 9, 6:30 p.m.
• “Birth,” play by Karen Brody, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta, Oct. 13, 1/7 p.m. Tickets – $12-$15, www.birthatlanta.com .
• Yard Sale/Flea Market, FaithCreek United Methodist Church, today, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Yard Sale, Newnan Family Worship Center, today, 8 a.m.-noon. Furniture, decor, floral, toys, tools, clothes.
• Oktoberfest, St. George Catholic Church, today, 6:30-11 p.m. Meal -- bratwurst/roast pork/sauerkraut/frankfurters/German potato salad/German chocolate cake /apple streudel/beer/wine. Music/dancing. Inflatable slide for children. Admission -- $22 for ages 21 and older/$40 adult couples. Ages 12-21, $15. Under 12, $7. Tickets, Roland Roger Jr. -- 770-328-0498/770-251-1553. Sponsor: Knights of Columbus, Council 6622.
• Fall Barbecue, White Oak Presbyterian Church, Oct. 6, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Barbecue plates/quarts of brunswick stew/pounds of barbecue, $8 each. Proceeds to foreign/local missions.
• Barbecue, St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church, Oct. 6, noon-7 p.m. Plates,$8 -- barbecued pork/brunswick stew/slaw/chips/pickle.Delivery/information, Smittybbqsauce@yahoo.com or 678-326-2758. Sponsor: Knights of Columbus Council 12862.
• Stafford Dudley, 126th Anniversary, Mt. Sinai Baptist Church, Lovelace Street, Oct. 7, 11 a.m. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Melanie Stanley-Soulen/Ruth Cuellar, World Communion Sunday, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Oct. 7, 11 a.m.
• Jerry Black, 126th Anniversary, Mt. Sinai Baptist Church, Lovelace Street, Oct. 7, 3 p.m.
• Tarus Kabarius of NCR, Job Network Ministry, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Oct. 9, 6 p.m.
• Youth Sunday, Resurrection Lutheran Church, Sunday, 8:30/11 a.m.
• Career Day, Smith Chapel United Methodist Church, Sunday, 11 a.m. Career/training information available.
• New Friendship Baptist Church visiting New Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church, LaGrange, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Camp Meeting Service, pavilion, Carl Miller Park, Oct. 7, 10:30 a.m. Sponsor: First United Methodist Church/Newnan. Covered dish meal to follow. Cookbooks, $15, available at lunch.
• Western Baptist Association’s Fall Meeting, Macedonia Baptist Church, Oct. 9, 6 p.m. Coffee/cake fellowship, 5:15 p.m. Preachers – Joel Dover/????Jay Vinyard.
• Understanding the Endtime, Tabernacle of Prayer, Tuesdays, 7 p.m. Leader – Irvin Baxter. Information, Rachel Ritter, 770-328-4751.
• Support groups, Crossroads Church, Tuesdays, 7 p.m. Confident Kids,Student Care, Chemical Dependency,Adult Family and Friends of Addicts, Anger Management – men and women separately, Chronic Pain, Depression – women, Divorce Care, First Place Weight Loss, Survivors of Sexual Abuse, Men’s Sexual Addiction, Wives of Sex Addicts, Single Mom’s Group. Information, 678-854-9300.
• Reformers Unanimous, Woolsey Baptist Church, Fayetteville, Fridays, 7-9 p.m.
• Christians Against Substance Abuse, Newnan Church of Christ,Thursdays, 6 p.m. Addiction recovery program. Information —firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-836-7807 or 678-378-5531.
• Free Market Day, Mt. Pilgrim Lutheran Church, Haralson, Oct. 6, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Everything free.
• Simchas Torah, 219 Kelvington Way, Peachtree City, Oct. 8, 7:30 p.m. Sponsor: Chabad of Peachtree City.
The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.