Church Activities in CowetaFrom Staff Reports
Listed below are various church-related activities, meetings and services in Coweta County this week.
• Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, today, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. All ages. Lunch. Visit by Olympian Mattline Render. Theme: “Olympics: Lessons from the Mount.”
• 111th annual Homecoming, Rock Springs Baptist Church, Sunday, 10:30 a.m. Paul Carder, preaching. Second Coming, music. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Smith Chapel United Methodist Church, Sunday, 11 a.m. Carl Von Epps, preaching. Lunch to follow.
• Elim Baptist Church, Handy Road, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Bethel Baptist Church, Luthersville, Sunday, 11 a.m. Cecil Clegg, preaching. Covered dish meal to follow.
• First Baptist Church, Grantville, Aug. 12. Singing, 10 a.m. Service, 11 a.m.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Aug. 12, 10:30 a.m. Prayers for students/teachers. Blessing of backpacks. Covered dish meal to follow.
• Providence Baptist Church, Summers-McKoy Road, Aug. 12, 11 a.m. Melvin D. Brittian Jr., preaching. Dinner to follow.
• Neriah Baptist Church, Senoia, Aug. 12, 11 a.m. Jaworski McDowell, preaching. Dinner to follow.
• Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Alvaton, Aug. 12, 11 a.m. Covered dish meal to follow.
• New Friendship Baptist Church, Greenville, Aug. 12, 11:30 a.m. R. Render, presiding.
• Elim Baptist Church, Handy Road, Monday-Wednesday, 7 p.m.
• Smith Chapel United Methodist Church, Monday-Friday, 7 p.m. Evangelists – Monday, J.C. Neal; Tuesday, Marlon Simpson; Wednesday, Yolanda Colton; Thursday, Kenneth Curtis; Friday, Tamarkus Cook.
• Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Alvaton, Aug. 9-12, 7 p.m.
• Cornerstone United Methodist Church, Aug. 12-15, 6:30 p.m. Cinde Lucas, evangelist. Hotdog cookout, Aug. 12, 5:30 p.m.
• Neriah Baptist Church, Senoia, Aug. 13-15, 7:30 p.m. Evangelists – Aug. 13, Milton Holston/Aug. 14, Tommy Lee Watson/Aug. 15, Milton Reeves.
• Providence Baptist Church, Summers-McKoy Road, Aug. 14-16, 7 p.m. L.W. Booker, evangelist.
• New Friendship Baptist Church, Greenville, Aug. 15-17, 7:30 p.m. Evangelists – Rufus Smith, Wednesday/L.C. Godfrey, Thursday/Yolanda Colton, Friday.
• Second Coming, Rock Springs Baptist Church, Sunday, 10:30 a.m. Homecoming covered dish to follow.
• Fine Arts Academy Open House, Flat Creek Baptist Church, Fayetteville, Monday, 7 p.m.
• Griffin Choral Arts Auditions, choir room, First United Methodist Church, Griffin, Monday/Tuesday, 5-7 p.m. Information, 770-468-3072.
• “Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs,” Movies On the Lawn, Orchard Hills Church, 8:30 p.m. Rain location: church gymnasium.
• Hope’s Journey/Wes McMillan, Old Veal School, Roopville, Aug. 11, 7 p.m. Love offering. Concessions.
• Anchormen, Ephesus Christian Church, Whitesburg, Aug. 11, 7 p.m. Doors open, 6 p.m. Love offering.
• New Life, New Heights Baptist Church, Aug. 12, 6 p.m. Fellowship to follow.
• Barbecue, 104 Temple Ave., today, 10 a.m. Chopped pork sandwich/chips/cold soft drink, $5 Delivery for five or more. Information – Glenda Ransby, 678-467-6470; Tequila Herring, 404-384-2593; Shawnta Veney, 678-243-9394. Benefits: Jones Hill Chapel United Methodist Youth.
• Auction/bid opening for Betsy Ross piano, Aug. 10, 4 p.m. Refreshments. Minimum bid, $500.
• Oliver Wood, Pastoral Anniversary for Chris McCambry, Greater Jehovah Baptist Church, Grantville, Sunday, 11 a.m. Dinner to follow.
• James Sims, Pastoral Anniversary for Chris McCambry, Greater Jehovah Baptist Church, Grantville, Sunday, 3 p.m.
• Timothy Frazier, Prophet Chambers Prophetic Service, Christ Discipleship Ministries, Fairburn, Sunday, 5 p.m.
• James Knighton, Zebulon Tribe Program, Summer Hill Baptist Church, Aug. 12, 2:30 p.m.
• John Roland, Job Network, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Aug 14, 6 p.m.
• Tony Barnhart, 2012 College Football Kickoff Breakfast, parish hall, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Aug. 18, 7:30 p.m. Tickets – $50 donation to Coweta Samaritan Clinic. Order by mail: Tom Lukens, 79 Fairway Dr., Newnan, GA 30265.
• Communion Service, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, Sunday, 8:30/10:50 a.m.
• Game On! Final Focus, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, Sunday, 11 a.m.
• Back To School Blessing, First United Methodist Church, Newnan, Sunday, 5 p.m. Music/Blessing of the Backpacks.
• Prayer Meetings for Revival, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, Aug. 11, 7 p.m. Aug. 13-15, noon.
• International Youth Day, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, Aug. 12, 11 a.m.
• Kingdom Speakers, Legacy Equipping Center, Fayetteville, Aug. 14, 7 p.m.
• Gospel of Mark/Making Sure of the Truth, Explorer’s Bible Study, Warehouse, First Baptist Church, Newnan, Tuesdays starting Aug. 14, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Cost, $60 – scholarships available. Information – Cyndi Winslett, 770-253-7261/Beverly Simmons, 770-502-0163.
• Financial Peace University, St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church, Fridays starting Aug. 17, 7 p.m. Registration/information, David Keller, 770-253-1888.
• Healing School, Abundant Life Faith Church, Saturdays, 9 a.m.
• Faith and Franks, Shellnutt’s Grocery, Arnco, today, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. while food lasts. Free hotdogs/chips/drinks. Aug. 11 location, Aaron’s Rents. Sponsor: Abundant Life Faith Church.
• Blood Drive/Canned Food Drive, fellowship hall, Senoia United Methodist Church, Monday, 1-6 p.m. Sponsor: Senoia Optimist Club.
• Collection for Western Elementary, fellowship hall, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road. Paper towels, hand sanitizer, facial tissue, K-Cups.
• School uniform collection for Unity Elementary. Red/white/blue golf shirts. Khaki/navypants. Underclothes/socks. Also copy paper/dry era markers. Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak. Information, 770-254-8657.
• Grantville Food Bank, open first Thursday/third Saturday of month, 10 a.m.
• J.E. Becker, booksigning – “The Beginning of the End,” Flint River Regional Library, Griffin, today, 2-4 p.m.
• H.L. Morgan, booksigning – “Bitterness: A Destroyer of Destiny,”Flint River Regional Library, Griffin, today, 2-4 p.m.
The deadline for submission of items of the Religion section is Monday at noon for the following Saturday edition. Items are published on a space available basis. For information, call Winston Skinner, 770-253-1576.