Coweta Displays: Russell's Dickens Village reflects Christmas spirit

alt

Joan Russell poses with her Dickens Villages collection.

From Staff Reports
news@newnan.com
Joan and Howard Russell of Boy Scout Road have been collecting Dickens Villages since 1987, when they were living in New Jersey.
Each building is placed on top of a Dickens book.
The intricate details on the houses show “The Old Curiosity Shop,” “Dedlock Arms, Chesney Wold,” the “Morton Steak and Kidney Pie” restaurant, the “Scrooge and Marley” firm, “Tutbury Printer,” “Bishops Oust” and “Mr.Wickfield, Solicitor” among others
Along with other decorations throughout the house, Joan has decorated four trees: in the bedroom, dining room, living room and great room.
The Newnan Times-Herald is featuring Christmas displays, both the indoor and outdoor variety, this holiday season. If you have a special display to share contact Marianne Thomasson at marianne@newnan.com or call 770-253-1576 and leave a message.


More Local

Altered EC photo sent to Chive website

This week an altered picture of East Coweta High School’s Internet homepage was posted to the international website The Chive. The alt ... Read More


Taste of Newnan to return Oct. 2

Main Street Newnan’s Taste of Newnan returns for its fall portion Thursday, Oct. 2 on the Court Square downtown. There will be tables ... Read More


CCMSAL Volleyball

Lee Middle will play in final game of tourney

The Coweta County School System finished its investigation into the allegations surrounding the Coweta County Middle School Athletic League ... Read More


Articulation Agreement

WGTC, LaGrange College sign on dotted line

West Georgia Technical College and LaGrange College have signed an articulation agreement for both institutions’ nursing programs. The ... Read More


Grantville candidate event 6 p.m. tonight

Grantville residents will have a chance to meet the candidates for mayor and city council at an event tonight. Also, on Oct. 9, the Newnan-C ... Read More

Hotel resident injured in grease fire

A woman’s hands were burned Wednesday morning after a grease fire started in her hotel room, but the room’s sprinkler system ext ... Read More