Canongate Elementary welcomes new principal

by Celia Shortt

alt

Robinson

By Celia Shortt celia@newnan.com

Betty Robinson was recently named Canongate Elementary School’s new principal.

“It has been such a great start to this school year,” said Robinson. “We have a wonderful school family here at Canongate. Parents, students, faculty, and staff have been so supportive, and that has made the transition very easy for me.”

According to Coweta County School System officials, Robinson has been the assistant principal at Canongate since 2005, when she first joined the school system, and was the Coweta County Board of Education’s choice to replace former principal Julie Lutz, who retired in June.

Her twins, Levi and Leia, are students at Northgate High School.

Robinson is from Swainsboro, Ga., and began her teaching career there in 1992. In 1998, she started teaching at Albany Robert Cross Middle Magnet School and served as principal of the Dougherty Comprehensive High School from 2003 to 2005.



More Local

Altered EC photo sent to Chive website

This week an altered picture of East Coweta High School’s Internet homepage was posted to the international website The Chive. The alt ... Read More


Taste of Newnan to return Oct. 2

Main Street Newnan’s Taste of Newnan returns for its fall portion Thursday, Oct. 2 on the Court Square downtown. There will be tables ... Read More


CCMSAL Volleyball

Lee Middle will play in final game of tourney

The Coweta County School System finished its investigation into the allegations surrounding the Coweta County Middle School Athletic League ... Read More


Articulation Agreement

WGTC, LaGrange College sign on dotted line

West Georgia Technical College and LaGrange College have signed an articulation agreement for both institutions’ nursing programs. The ... Read More


Grantville candidate event 6 p.m. tonight

Grantville residents will have a chance to meet the candidates for mayor and city council at an event tonight. Also, on Oct. 9, the Newnan-C ... Read More

Hotel resident injured in grease fire

A woman’s hands were burned Wednesday morning after a grease fire started in her hotel room, but the room’s sprinkler system ext ... Read More