2-year-old hospitalized after swallowing paint thinner

by Wes Mayer

A two-year-old boy was airlifted from the Newnan Kohl’s parking lot and transported to an Atlanta hospital Wednesday afternoon after he swallowed some paint thinner he found in the vehicle, according to authorities.

Around 6:47, Coweta emergency medical units responded to the Kohl’s on Bullsboro Drive about a child who ingested some mineral spirits, said Capt. David Barnfield with the Newnan Fire Department. After speaking with poison control representatives, emergency units decided to transport the two-year-old boy to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston by helicopter, and the helicopter was able to land in the Kohl’s parking lot.

The condition of the child was not available Thursday afternoon.



More Local

UPDATE

Authorities identify burglary suspects

Authorities have identified the three suspects arrested in a manhunt that ended on Paces Landing Court on Thursday. Timothy Cole Stevenson, ... Read More


Turin preparing to celebrate its 125th anniversary

Turin will be celebrating its 125th birthday later this month. A volunteer committee is meeting weekly to make plans for the Aug. 29 celebra ... Read More


UPDATE

Teen killed in single-vehicle accident

A 19-year-old lost his life in an accident early Friday after he lost control of his vehicle, drove off the road and collided with a tree. S ... Read More


teen excels at Tae Kwon do

Local athlete dreams of competing in Olympics

Alina Kent has only been training in Tae Kwon Do for a little more than a year, but after placing gold in numerous tournaments this summer a ... Read More


Authorities capture burglary suspects

Two males and one juvenile are in custody after leading authorities in a manhunt following a failed burglary attempt on Thursday. Shortly be ... Read More

looking back

The Emergency Room: Its use and abuse

Editor’s note: Overcrowded hospital emergency rooms, and long wait times, caused by people using the ER for things that aren’t t ... Read More