2-year-old hospitalized after swallowing paint thinner

by Wes Mayer

A two-year-old boy was airlifted from the Newnan Kohl’s parking lot and transported to an Atlanta hospital Wednesday afternoon after he swallowed some paint thinner he found in the vehicle, according to authorities.

Around 6:47, Coweta emergency medical units responded to the Kohl’s on Bullsboro Drive about a child who ingested some mineral spirits, said Capt. David Barnfield with the Newnan Fire Department. After speaking with poison control representatives, emergency units decided to transport the two-year-old boy to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston by helicopter, and the helicopter was able to land in the Kohl’s parking lot.

The condition of the child was not available Thursday afternoon.



More Local

Estranged mother refused court-ordered evaluations

Michelle Murphy, the mother mounting a social media blitz attempting to regain custody of her teenage boys, repeatedly refused court-ordered ... Read More


Guilty verdicts in sex case

After deliberating for about two hours Wednesday, a Coweta County Superior Court jury found Derrick Leon Holloway and Lavaris Cisco Clark, b ... Read More


Change will impact fundraising efforts

New nutrition guidelines in place for Coweta schools

Coweta students started the 2014-2015 school year with new nutritional guidelines in place, which changes what food students can buy at scho ... Read More


County fair opens tonight at Fairgrounds

The Coweta County Fair opens tonight for 10 days worth of fun, including carnival rides, petting zoos, entertainment, food, games, animal ex ... Read More


Coweta Commission

At-fault accidents increase for Coweta insurance

Coweta County’s insurance agent has urged the Coweta Board of Commissioners and staff to come up with a strict policy for employee use ... Read More

Water authority considers disaster recovery plan

During a discussion of technology contingency plans for the Coweta Water and Sewerage Authority, authority board member Eric Smith asked abo ... Read More