Senoia man accused of child molestation incidents
by Wes Mayer
A Senoia man accused of two separate child molestation incidents was arrested last week following a five-month investigation by the Senoia Police Department.
The suspect, whose name is being withheld because he was also a juvenile when the two alleged incidents occurred, was arrested on July 9, said Lt. Jason Ercole with the police department. The man was charged with two counts of child molestation on a juvenile complaint form, and he will be prosecuted in the Coweta County Juvenile Court.
The allegations were first made by the victim in February this year, Ercole said. The victim told her counselor she was sexually molested in her home by her neighbor in 2010 and 2011, and after hearing this, the counselor was required by law to make a report to the authorities – the Senoia Police Department.
Any immoral or indecent act committed by an offender to a child who is under the age of 16 is considered child molestation, Ercole said. At this time, investigators have not learned of any other victims.