Bypass update on commission agenda
by Sarah Fay Campbell
An update on the Newnan Bypass extension project is on the agenda for Tuesday night’s meeting of the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The project includes widening of Hwy. 16 East and U.S. 29 and reconfiguration of the Pine Road/29/16 intersection. A contract for the construction was recently awarded.
The commissioners meet Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the county commission chambers on Perry Street.
Other items on the agenda include:
• A request to reject alternate bids for the county’s emergency medical services provider. The current contract for EMS expires at the end of July.
• A public hearing on the abandonment of a portion of Wynn’s Pond Road.
• Approval of a contract for right-of-way acquisition associated with the Poplar Road interchange project.
• Bid awards for cleanup of properties at 10 Hearthstone Drive North and 65 Freestone Drive.
• A request regarding construction of the East Side Taxiway at the Newnan-Coweta Airport.