Fire destroys building in Moreland

by Clay Neely

alt


An outbuilding in Moreland was consumed by fire late Thursday evening.

At 10:59 p.m., Coweta County Fire Department firefighters were dispatched to a home on 154 East Camp Street in Moreland where a 100-square-foot outbuilding was consumed by fire, according to Coweta 911 officials.

Engine 4 arrived on scene and advised that an out building was fully involved with a house being a exposure problem, according to Bryan Fuller with the fire department. Engine 11 and a medic unit also assisted at the scene.

The fire was extinguished at 11:21 p.m. and firefighters remained on scene until 12:40 a.m. Friday morning, according to Coweta 911 records.

Contents along with the building were a total loss, according to Fuller. There were no reported injuries.



More Local

Biggest action in U.S. history

Fiat Chrysler must offer to buy back 500,000 Ram pickups

Fiat Chrysler must offer to buy back hundreds of thousands of Ram pickup trucks and other vehicles as part of a costly deal with safety regu ... Read More


UPDATE

Authorities awaiting toxicology, autopsy results in dead baby case

Coweta County authorities are now waiting for toxicology and autopsy results to be completed into Saturday’s death of 2-month-old Maka ... Read More


Boy Scouts end ban on gay leaders

The Boy Scouts of America has ended its blanket ban on gay adult leaders. On Monday, the new policy was enacted after approval by the BSA's ... Read More


Gas leak closes Lower Fayetteville Road

A gas main leak led to Lower Fayetteville Rd. being shut down for over four hours on Tuesday afternoon. At 10:55 a.m., firefighters were dis ... Read More


Stalker tased after violation of protective order

A man found himself in jail Monday afternoon after he violated a temporary protective order an hour after it was issued. About 4:40 p.m., de ... Read More

Grantville plans to collect on $200,000 in bad debt

Grantville is attempting to collect an estimated $200,000 in bad debt On Monday night, the Grantville City Council voted unanimously to ente ... Read More