Newnan Council hears reports on unsafe houses

Newnan City Council heard reports Thursday concerning several properties with unsafe structures.

The council heard status reports on homes at 3 Annie Street South, which was secure and unoccupied; 10 Second Street, which was not secure and vacant; and 16 Wheat Street, which was not secure and vacant.

Status reports were also given on homes at 4 Welch Street, 7 Landers Street, 7 Upper Mann Street, 20 Dixon Street, 48 Fair Street, 67 Fairmount Street and 79 West Washington Street. The council approved a 180-day extension on these homes provided the owners give progress reports within 30 days.

The council approved a 120-day extension to KMS Properties to secure its property on 4 Dewey Street and allow the company to find its own exit strategy for the home.

In other business:

• The council approved a motion to have a driveway easement and encroachment agreement for a property at the corner of Farmer Street and Jefferson Street.



More Local

Taste of Newnan to return Oct. 2

Main Street Newnan’s Taste of Newnan returns for its fall portion Thursday, Oct. 2 on the Court Square downtown. There will be tables ... Read More


CCMSAL Volleyball

Lee Middle will play in final game of tourney

The Coweta County School System finished its investigation into the allegations surrounding the Coweta County Middle School Athletic League ... Read More


Articulation Agreement

WGTC, LaGrange College sign on dotted line

West Georgia Technical College and LaGrange College have signed an articulation agreement for both institutions’ nursing programs. Th ... Read More


Grantville candidate event 6 p.m. tonight

Grantville residents will have a chance to meet the candidates for mayor and city council at an event tonight. Also, on Oct. 9, the Newnan- ... Read More


Altered EC photo sent to Chive website

This week an altered picture of East Coweta High School’s Internet homepage was posted to the international website The Chive. The al ... Read More

Hotel resident injured in grease fire

A woman’s hands were burned Wednesday morning after a grease fire started in her hotel room, but the room’s sprinkler system ext ... Read More