House burns on LaGrange Street

by Wes Mayer

The Newnan Fire Department responded to a small house fire on LaGrange Street south of Boone Drive Wednesday night, and firefighters were able to extinguish the fire and ventilate the home within an hour.

Fire crews in Command 5 and Engines 1, 3 and 5 were dispatched to the house fire at 229 LaGrange St. around 10:46 p.m.

According to Battalion Chief Jeffrey Patterson, units arrived within five minutes, found smoke throughout the home and the attic, and located the fire in a storage room attached to the home by a breezeway. Firefighters then extinguished the fire and removed the burning materials from the home.

Fire personnel checked the home with thermal imaging equipment and ventilated the home with a smoke ejector device. When no hot spots were discovered in the home, it was turned back over to the owner, and firefighters left the scene around 11:45 p.m.



More Local

Customer brandishes knife over 10 cents

A Senoia man was quickly apprehended Thursday after he attempted to rob a convenience store over a dime. About 2:40 p.m., Officer Wesley Cou ... Read More


coweta commission

Definition of hunting, shooting clubs clarified

The Coweta County Commissioners unanimously approved amendments to the zoning ordinance Thursday that define various types of clubs, and whe ... Read More


K-9 helps nab cocaine trafficker

Coweta County deputies arrested a suspected cocaine trafficker Thursday after responding to a traffic complaint in Senoia. About 7 p.m., Sgt ... Read More


CSU arrests meth dealers

Coweta County investigators arrested two suspected methamphetamine dealers Thursday after setting up a buy near Thomas Crossroads. About 5 p ... Read More


Coweta Commission

Rezoning for proposed retirement community OK'd

The Coweta County Commissioners approved a rezoning for property behind the Sam’s Club at Fischer Road and Highway 34 – but for ... Read More

Man wanted after urinating in McDonald’s

Newnan police are on the lookout for a man who began threatening McDonald’s employees after they got onto him for urinating in the cor ... Read More